BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #23
NordicBMW
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 / 2013 X1

A lot of good arguments in favour of VDC here (seems like VDC is the term and not EDC, eh?), I'm sort of alone in my choice of std suspension it seems. I do btw have a similar VDC system on my other car and I haven'used it too often during my 3 years' ownership so this of course played a role in my personal choice so this is indeed very subjective as most of you have pointed out.

But if I should end up regretting... Does any of you guys know whether a retrofit is possible? I have M sport with performance control installed and the driving exeperience button is also in place and obviously much of the software. Probably not the cheapest retrofit but it's interesting to know whether it is doable or not.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 01:26 AM   #24
Chris55
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicBMW View Post
A lot of good arguments in favour of VDC here (seems like VDC is the term and not EDC, eh?), I'm sort of alone in my choice of std suspension it seems. I do btw have a similar VDC system on my other car and I haven'used it too often during my 3 years' ownership so this of course played a role in my personal choice so this is indeed very subjective as most of you have pointed out.

But if I should end up regretting... Does any of you guys know whether a retrofit is possible? I have M sport with performance control installed and the driving exeperience button is also in place and obviously much of the software. Probably not the cheapest retrofit but it's interesting to know whether it is doable or not.
NordicBMW, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the speed limits really low in Norway? If that's the case, the standard suspension would be ideal and I wouldn't invest in anything more.
I'll have to visit Norway one of these days (with my 35d) I always wanted to see your beautiful country.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 02:50 AM   #25
NordicBMW
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 / 2013 X1

Thanks, Chris. You are totally correct about speed limits here: 100 km/h on highways, 80 km/h on country roads and this is even being lowered to 70 km/h in many places. And if you go faster than 135 km/h on the highway you lose your driver's lisence. These limits do to a certain extent reflect our road standard so as you imply std suspension does indeed feel adequate in Norway

I would also like to go to Switzerland some time, have driven through quite a few European countries but somehow always missed Switzerland, bad luck. As a side note, check out fellow Norwegian Exodyne's beautiful photo of his X3 in Jotunheimen national park:

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=722517
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 05:10 AM   #26
mooney058
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F25 (Sept 2012) 525i (gone)

Quote:
Thanks, Chris. You are totally correct about speed limits here: 100 km/h on highways, 80 km/h on country roads and this is even being lowered to 70 km/h in many places. And if you go faster than 135 km/h on the highway you lose your driver's lisence. These limits do to a certain extent reflect our road standard so as you imply std suspension does indeed feel adequate in Norway

I would also like to go to Switzerland some time, have driven through quite a few European countries but somehow always missed Switzerland, bad luck. As a side note, check out fellow Norwegian Exodyne's beautiful photo of his X3 in Jotunheimen national park:

Chris, now I also want to see your car next to Jungfraujoch or on Kleine Scheidegg or next to Matterhorn
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #27
Chris55
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:

That's a nice one, and the picture is beautiful - that's what I was talking about, concerning Norway.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #28
Chris55
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooney058 View Post
Chris, now I also want to see your car next to Jungfraujoch or on Kleine Scheidegg or next to Matterhorn
Well I didn't make it up there yet but I tried to post some pictures several times. I simply cannot get it to work. I try to upload them as attachments, and I then get a message saying that I have a "security token" missing. I simply don't know what I doing wrong but I'll try again tomorrow.
Appreciate 0