BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-24-2016, 09:36 AM   #1
Harroldv
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 35d

Edc or m sport suspension?

Trying to decide on getting the edc adjustable damping or just sticking with the standard m sport suspension?

Is the m sport very stiff where you feel every pothole? Roads in belgium are not the very best but they are not terrible either. I like a quite firm suspension setup but i don't want to feel every little road imperfection and get annoyed driving the X3 with the sport suspension after half an hout of driving.

My girlfriend has the X4 with EDC but i was wondering if this makes a huge difference with the M sport and 19" run flats or just going for the m sport suspension as standard.

The extra cost is not huge but why pay extra for something you don't really need?

Would love to hear from people who have the m sport suspension about their ride quality!

I'm familiar with the M sport in a 428i convertible and have been driving a Porsche Cayman before.

I like a sporty firm ride but not overly harsh.

Thanks for the feedback!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2016, 10:46 AM   #2
Pinewood
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30d M sport LCI

I have the M Sport with 19" alloys and no VDC. The ride on British roads is fine, and only gets a bit twitchy across undulating roads. If like me, you prefer a firm ride, i think the standard M Sport will be perfect.
I would also drive a M Sport before buying anything.
Appreciate 1