BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
jurdeb
Rep
Drives: X3

Manual power liftgate problem

I was doing some sporting activity and left the liftgate open with keys inside. Then I closed it , came home and couldn't open the liftgate, tried all I could think of with no results. Also I've noticed that after pressing the unlock button on the remote for a few seconds all the windows and moonroof automatically poped open. But not the liftgate. I'm clueless. It's a manual one and never before caused any problems. Any help from our knowledgeable experts before I call for service?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
Razel
Rider and driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurdeb View Post
I was doing some sporting activity and left the liftgate open with keys inside. Then I closed it , came home and couldn't open the liftgate, tried all I could think of with no results. Also I've noticed that after pressing the unlock button on the remote for a few seconds all the windows and moonroof automatically poped open. But not the liftgate. I'm clueless. It's a manual one and never before caused any problems. Any help from our knowledgeable experts before I call for service?
Partial answer, but not for your primary question ... If you continue to hold down the unlock button on the remote, the windows will open until you release the button. That way you can release some of the heat before you get in.

I work for Keyser Söze

Last edited by Razel; 08-16-2011 at 11:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 08:20 PM   #3
jurdeb
Rep

Thanks. I was able to figure some of it out as now I can have the trunk open by pushing the trunk open button on the remote. Very obvious you would think but up until yesterday the only way to open the trunk was to hit the unlock button on the remote twice or use the central unlock button and then push the button on the liftgate. But now I only push that trunk open button on the remote and it pops open. Don't know which way it's supposed to be with the manual liftgate.
I haven't changed any options or reprogrammed anything.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 07:24 AM   #4
jurdeb
Rep

And one more thing I just found out. The liftgate unlock button only works while all the doors are locked. Is this how it's supposed to work? Is that what you guys have or its some kind of mulfunction?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #5
Razel
Rider and driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Don't know that answer. I'll have the key in my pocket and when I push the release button on the tailgate, it opens regardless of whether the doors are locked or not.

I work for Keyser Söze
Appreciate 0