BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-31-2012, 06:48 PM   #1805
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank531 View Post
Horsey

You will need a few hours and a helper when you collect to check all those options you ticked have been correctly enabled. You had better check carefully before you sign.......
I keep forgetting about all the features ... I am sure to keep finding things I forgot I had.

Can't wait to see the HUD ...
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 02:41 AM   #1806
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
Well, I could have had my car tomorrow, but there was no room on the transporter from Thorne.

It's booked to come down on Wednesday morning now ...
Its the options list causing a weight issue as I suspected ! Your car must weigh 1.5 times as much as mine with the options
Not to mention it being given the soft hands treatment which means no other cars in the vicinity on the transporter
Gutted for you mate but time will fly as watching the Jubilee celebrations in London or on the telly

Oh and as Yeltzer says either get someone else to help you go through the handover process with all the options you got or book the whole day out with the dealer
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 02:57 AM   #1807
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR40X3 View Post
Gosh! Didn't realise there were diffent routes...at least yours in approaching the uk swf, ain't got a clue about mine!
Fingers crossed it comes over this week and can collect it sometime next week ! So frustrating to know its almost here but cant do anything to speed things up.

I bet your dealer will be able to tell you what order status code your car is at? Considering we ordered almost on the same day your car should atleast be on the ship over to the UK?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #1808
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Any new 35D orders?

Has anyone ordered a 35D and have a production date after 2012-05-26?

If so, do you mind sharing your VIN suffix ... first 4 digits of the last 7 would be enough.

The last 35D I have is LL29XXX dated 26th

Either that means they have stopped building them or the VIN sequence has changed.

Thanks.
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #1809
Rogerbu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 GO1 30e M Sport

Horsey - I see that you have the Electric Towbar as an option - Are you intending to tow a caravan?

If so, you need to know that the BMW electrics (like some other German manufacturers) do NOT usually include the seperate ignition controlled +ve and return for the fridge whilst towing. BMW conforms to BMW standards not ISO standards. The 13 pin socket has holes for the +ve & -ve but the wiring to the socket is missing the cores.

Because I was aware of the issue from a previous BMW, I questioned the dealers prior to ordering.
One dealer simply confirmed that I was right, but that the workshop knew how to fit the relay and wires - No extra charge.
Another dealer blustered - then checked - then confirmed I was correct and wanted to charge me £800 to fix a BMW shortcoming. Needless to say they didn't sell me a car.

So if running a caravan fridge is important. Check that the 13 pin socket is correctly wired and if not jump all over the dealer
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #1810
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerbu View Post
Horsey - I see that you have the Electric Towbar as an option - Are you intending to tow a caravan?

If so, you need to know that the BMW electrics (like some other German manufacturers) do NOT usually include the seperate ignition controlled +ve and return for the fridge whilst towing. BMW conforms to BMW standards not ISO standards. The 13 pin socket has holes for the +ve & -ve but the wiring to the socket is missing the cores.

Because I was aware of the issue from a previous BMW, I questioned the dealers prior to ordering.
One dealer simply confirmed that I was right, but that the workshop knew how to fit the relay and wires - No extra charge.
Another dealer blustered - then checked - then confirmed I was correct and wanted to charge me £800 to fix a BMW shortcoming. Needless to say they didn't sell me a car.

So if running a caravan fridge is important. Check that the 13 pin socket is correctly wired and if not jump all over the dealer
Thanks for the heads up ...

... actually no, its for towing a horse trailer and stuff.

I may pursue it with the dealer, but its a bit after the event and I don't plan on delaying my pick up!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #1811
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeltzer
PS Horsey - hope they will be lavishing you with freebies when you finally pick her up; especially given amount of £ spent & hassle getting her delivered. Let us know what they cough up for ;-)
My dealer told my wife the other day that they have never had so much customer contact* on a car purchase.

Not sure whether to take that as a compliment or an insult!

*Yes, I am ready for the innuendo jokes!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #1812
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Here is a breakdown showing the trend for purchase price against engine model for the F25 (estimated RRP).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #1813
manutd123
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d SE 2012 Auto (soon)

My dealer told me my car was going into production about 10 days ago. Today he called to say it's on its way and i should have it by mid to late June.

It was initially expected mid-July.

Not sure what's happened but a month early is fantastic news!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 03:56 AM   #1814
kingbadger
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 3.0D MSport

Got it!

After ordering in September my X3 3.0D finally arrived Friday. No pics because it is already filthy (a drive in the rain across the M62, pretty constant rain since...)

Love the colour ( had only seen it on other models, never on an X3) and first impressions are great. I'm being very gentle with her for now so haven't even tried sport or sport+ (won't last...)

Had some audio/ Bluetooth hassle, now sorted after updating my Bluetooth software version to cope with my phone's iOS5...

Will give a proper review once I've done some more miles.
      06-03-2012, 04:37 AM   #1815
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Anyone know what the following option codes are:

840 High speed synchronisation
6VA CIC assignment
602 On-board monitor with TV
4UZ Ski and snowboard bag

I have the TV Function option (601) on my car, so was wondering what 602 was.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #1816
baldyboy30
Rep
Drives: Mini Countryman All4

courtesy car

On Friday I phoned Sytner asking for update on delivery date for my new car, He said it has landed in UK and awaiting customs and it might take another week or two. When I said I've sold my car as I had a good offer, to my surprise he offered me a courtesy car and that too a new Mini until they could get me my new car. I am truly impressed with this service and I am happy that I only have to wait a week or two. Yippeeee
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #1817
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

It's funny, just had my 5 year wedding anniversary today ... doesn't time rush by?

... unless of course you are waiting for your new X3.

This Jubilee weekend is killing me!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #1818
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
It's funny, just had my 5 year wedding anniversary today ... doesn't time rush by?

... unless of course you are waiting for your new X3.

This Jubilee weekend is killing me!
I celebrated my 34th wedding anniversary but this was first anniversary with X3.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #1819
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 xDrive 20d M Sport

Horsey - have you got a delivery date & time from your dealer yet?
      06-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #1820
richy577
Pokerboy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport 2.0D

I was told my x3 should be ready for early July, does anyone have any delivery dates for late June/early July as I would guess that the main ship in should have most of the Uk stock together around that time, or does it not work like that?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #1821
Nad
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by richy577
I was told my x3 should be ready for early July, does anyone have any delivery dates for late June/early July as I would guess that the main ship in should have most of the Uk stock together around that time, or does it not work like that?
I've been told mid-end June for mine.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #1822
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I won't know for sure till Wednesday morning, but if it comes I on the transporter to the dealer I will have by close of play Wed.

Now I just have to get through tomorrow.

I keep singing "I gota get through this ..."
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #1823
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad
Quote:
Originally Posted by richy577
I've been told mid-end June for mine.
Same for me... Mid/end of June
      06-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #1824
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey
Quote:
I won't know for sure till Wednesday morning, but if it comes I on the transporter to the dealer I will have by close of play Wed.

Now I just have to get through tomorrow.

I keep singing "I gota get through this ..."
Not long now! Think you may have trouble sleeping tonight ;-)

Don't forget we want to see some pics tomorrow!
      06-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #1825
SR40X3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeltzer View Post
Same for me... Mid/end of June
I too am Sytner and mid-end June...should be taking similar routes and build times.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #1826
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Not long now! Think you may have trouble sleeping tonight ;-)

Don't forget we want to see some pics tomorrow!
My wife and mum want to be there at the "birth", so it looks like pickup is going to have to be at the tail end of the day ...

... yes, it's going to be a long night and a long day.

Sadly the weather sucks for photos, but I will try to take some at the dealership.

The only plus about the weather is that I won't have to argue with my wife about whether it's the X3 or the 135i convertible!
Appreciate 0