BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-26-2017, 04:38 PM   #1
frisbeeguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW,Tesla, etc.

Garage List
Sunroof Help...easy help :)

My sunroof's vent position is not working (the sunshade does not slip into 2 along the center, so if anyone can take pictures of their center portion of the sunroof shade (the more the better...like exterior shots looking down from the glass onto the shade...you may have to move the shade slightly back to get it into view), I would really appreciate it. I want to compare my shade to that of a working X3's so that I can determine why the sunshade doesn't split into 2 when in vent mode.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2017, 08:52 AM   #2
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
I had 04 x3, in vent position the shade will seperate in middle with mesh if i can recall correctly.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2017, 08:37 PM   #3
frisbeeguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The issue that I have is the shade will not separate to expose that mesh when I try vent position...so I know that some mechanism in that shade part is not working...just don't know what though.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 08:19 AM   #4
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
press the button and hold for 30 seconds, and it will go thru several sequences like open and close.. hold it until sunroof is fully closed.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 11:00 AM   #5
frisbeeguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Yes, I did do the sunroof initialization, and that seemed to have messed up the whole sunroof opening routine (whoever worked on the sunroof previously somehow edited the end position of the sunshade to make it close all the way, but with initialization the sunroof operates like how I described in the forum post in the link below).
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1416380
I posted the issue in that link, but during initialization, the front shade and the rear shade should split to reveal that mesh grille. However, that did not happen and I am not sure what part in the sunroof floating headliner is causing this issue. I do not want to pull off the glass since the car is kept outside daily, so not having the glass on is an issue...I can try to work on it from inside the car...I would appreciate ideas of what to check. I do have INPA, NCS Expert, and ISTA/D. A BMW dealer mechanic or dealer would most likely charge $1000 or more

Last edited by frisbeeguy; 08-29-2017 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 0