BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-12-2012, 07:01 AM   #1937
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 xDrive 20d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by benedirk View Post
my 2.0d se was supposed to be here this week. It is now arriving at the dealership on Monday, ready on Tuesday, but I'm away till Wednesday so collecting it then
What spec have you gone for? Don't forget to post some pics when you pick her up.. will keep those of us still waiting going for a bit longer
      06-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #1938
vojak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Competition Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeltzer View Post
I'd take a month of this weather to have my car today!
I'd second that !
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #1939
cheesebag
Debadged and Alpine Weiss!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 Msport

Quote:
What spec have you gone for? Don't forget to post some pics when you pick her up.. will keep those of us still waiting going for a bit longer
If you're in the West Mids you might have seem my AW Msport? !!!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #1940
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesebag View Post
If you're in the West Mids you might have seem my AW Msport? !!!
Unfortunately not otherwise i'd have wet myself with excitement
Will keep an eye out for you though - am mainly M5 Junctions 3 to 5 area. If you see someone flashing you and drooling, you'll know its me!!
      06-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #1941
SR40X3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Gosh there's seemingly loads around here now, MSport and SE. There will be a few more come this weekend. It seems there a glut of X3s are being delivered to eager customers.

Could actually get it Thursday but prior commitments mean Saturday, the cars for the wife so not that excited, lol.

Yeltzer, are you Sytner, Solihull? Or am I getting mixed up?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #1942
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR40X3 View Post

Yeltzer, are you Sytner, Solihull? Or am I getting mixed up?
Rybrook Worcester. Had a Mini Cooper and 2 previous Beamer's from Sytner Solihull though.
      06-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #1943
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Went to the dealership yesterday to check out other HUDs and took a picky of my car while I was there ...

Lighting still sucks and the iPhone doesn't help ... but I thought it was still worthwhile.
Attached Images

F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.

Last edited by Horsey; 06-12-2012 at 11:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #1944
vojak
Private First Class
Rep

[QUOTE=SR40X3;12139886]Gosh there's seemingly loads around here now, MSport and SE. There will be a few more come this weekend. It seems there a glut of X3s are being delivered to eager customers.
QUOTE]

Yes common as muck.....
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #1945
vojak
Private First Class
Rep

Hi Horsey
Has the dealership said anything regarding the clipping of the HUD?
I saw your photo and that just doesnt look right. I am finding it difficult to believe that they would badly modify a LHD system for RHD knowing the quality that these cars have, but maybe I'm not right.
Slightly
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #1946
manutd123
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d SE 2012 Auto (soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesebag View Post
Enjoy all....Mine later will be going through 8000 trouble free miles!!!
I think i have seen you doing the school run - my daughter goes to the primary school next door

Look out for a Carbon Black X3 week after next!

Horsey - How much did they charge you labour for the titanium grille?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 03:26 AM   #1947
benedirk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0D SE

Quote:
I did post it up when I ordered it back in March. I'm trading in a Nissan Murano, which has been great, but really looking forward to the X3!

Kept it fairly basic and somehow managed to resist upgrading despite reading hundreds of threads on here.

X3 2.0d se
sapphire black
pro nav
heated seats
auto
sun protection glass

I drive a van 90% of the time and only use the car at weekends, my wife won't appreciate anymore power than the 2.0d, so I may as well benefit from the lower running costs! I couldn't justify £900 for xenons (although they do look cool), I think the only thing I maybe should have got is the reversing camera, as it has been very useful on the Murano.

(I would love a 35d or 30d M-sport though! The white especially looks awesome!)

Last edited by benedirk; 06-13-2012 at 07:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 03:18 AM   #1948
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Its here !

I finally have the X3 and it is a beauty (atleast for me)

Having owned a Freelander 2 before the X3, I thought the Freelander 2 was quality but the X3 is that step further in terms of refinement and quality.

Luckily the sun has been shining since getting the car and I have been out and about for a few drives and spending loads of time in the car getting the car set up to my needs.

No complaints whatsoever so far
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 03:25 AM   #1949
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfrom07 View Post

Having owned a Freelander 2 before the X3, I thought the Freelander 2 was quality but the X3 is that step further in terms of refinement and quality.

Luckily the sun has been shining since getting the car and I have been out and about for a few drives and spending loads of time in the car getting the car set up to my needs.

Congrats She's a beauty, bet you're glad the waiting is over! We need some interior pics too!
      06-14-2012, 03:31 AM   #1950
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vojak View Post
Hi Horsey
Has the dealership said anything regarding the clipping of the HUD?
I saw your photo and that just doesnt look right. I am finding it difficult to believe that they would badly modify a LHD system for RHD knowing the quality that these cars have, but maybe I'm not right.
Slightly
Cheers
I updated the thread I started for the topic, sorry, I should have mentioned it in my last post ...

I looked at 2 other HUD enabled car, not X3's mind you, and the installation of the units were the same as mine.

I also sat in a very nice 7 series (I think) which has a super dooper HUD, and it was equally unforgiving on the left side.

... so I have concluded that behaviour is consistent with other cars, and like my iPhone, I am just holding it wrong and as Steve Jobs would have advised "Just get over it".
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 03:32 AM   #1951
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd123 View Post
Horsey - How much did they charge you labour for the titanium grille?
?

... its just how it came.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 03:32 AM   #1952
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Congrats She's a beauty, bet you're glad the waiting is over! We need some interior pics too!
Am over the moon that the wait is finally over and even though its been less than 24 hours since I took it / her home I love every bit about the car

Decided to drive to work as an excuse to spend more time with the car and I love the interior lighting and will try to get a few interior pics on my way home from work.
Its all well cool or in the words of Will.i.am (no disrespect to him) .. Its DOPE !
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 03:45 AM   #1953
vojak
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
I updated the thread I started for the topic, sorry, I should have mentioned it in my last post ...

I looked at 2 other HUD enabled car, not X3's mind you, and the installation of the units were the same as mine.

I also sat in a very nice 7 series (I think) which has a super dooper HUD, and it was equally unforgiving on the left side.

... so I have concluded that behaviour is consistent with other cars, and like my iPhone, I am just holding it wrong and as Steve Jobs would have advised "Just get over it".
OK thanks. At least I know what to look out for when I pick up today.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 03:47 AM   #1954
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
?

... its just how it came.
Do the 20d's not come with a black kidney grill and the 30d and 35d's come with the titanium?

Was certainly like that for 4-pot and 6-pot E90's
      06-14-2012, 04:21 AM   #1955
benedirk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0D SE

Quote:

looks awesome (mine should look the same! )

congrats!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #1956
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport

Quote:
Am over the moon that the wait is finally over and even though its been less than 24 hours since I took it / her home I love every bit about the car

Decided to drive to work as an excuse to spend more time with the car and I love the interior lighting and will try to get a few interior pics on my way home from work.
Its all well cool or in the words of Will.i.am (no disrespect to him) .. Its DOPE !
Very nice!

I am a bit grumpy because - in late May - my dealer said that the car would be delivered to them on 14th June. Phoned up the beginning of this week to be told "due to weather" (?!?) my car now wont be delievered to them until 28th June (I will be able to collect on 30th/31st). Due to weather?!?

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 08:05 AM   #1957
QTPie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D M Sport

Quote:
Do the 20d's not come with a black kidney grill and the 30d and 35d's come with the titanium?
Yes.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 08:19 AM   #1958
swfrom07
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benedirk View Post
looks awesome (mine should look the same! )

congrats!
Thanks benedirk. Am well chuffed and looking forward to a nice weekend of driving regardless of the weather. Hope you dont have to wait a lot for your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTPie View Post
Very nice!

I am a bit grumpy because - in late May - my dealer said that the car would be delivered to them on 14th June. Phoned up the beginning of this week to be told "due to weather" (?!?) my car now wont be delievered to them until 28th June (I will be able to collect on 30th/31st). Due to weather?!?

Ta muchly QT. Werent you supposed to pick up the car over the weekend? For them to only inform you about the delay today isnt the best service tbh.. I would be fuming to say the least.
It surely cannot be the weather
Must be something similar to Horsey where it had to go all the way to Thorne and then back to your dealership.
Appreciate 0