BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
chuckypowers
Rep
Drives: Audi TT

interesting development with my order

ok.. went into my dealer today BMW park lane and attempted to cancel my order based on the fact they told me the delivery date would be 15/12/11

a lot of calls were made and i was told to come back at 3pm as they couldn't get in touch with the plant in South Carolina..

Came back at 3pm and they said that they had spoken to the plant and that my order had been escalated and the expected delivery was now August 15th.. we shall see
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #2
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Lol hopefully they will be able to deliver your car by August. Sometimes it does just take a phone call or a little pestering for your dealer to expedite the process. When ordering my car two different dealerships told me they can deliver the car in the same month of each other but after I ordered my car my dealer told me that it'll take a month longer than expected. I then threatened to cancel the order and buy from the other dealer and now they're delivering the car in the month they originally promised.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
MA78
TK-421
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckypowers View Post
ok.. went into my dealer today BMW park lane and attempted to cancel my order based on the fact they told me the delivery date would be 15/12/11

a lot of calls were made and i was told to come back at 3pm as they couldn't get in touch with the plant in South Carolina..

Came back at 3pm and they said that they had spoken to the plant and that my order had been escalated and the expected delivery was now August 15th.. we shall see
It's like magic or something!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #4
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:

Well done, sounds like a result!

Now did they say something like.... "dont post this on a forum so everyone gets their dealer to call the plant?"

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 11:34 PM   #5
Spitfire
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i

Derp.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 03:02 AM   #6
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:

That is a great effort. Nothing quite like threatening to cancel the whole thing to get people's asses into gear. You have just opened the floodgates to a whole raft of cancellations and a whole lot of UK dealership pain. Great work!

You should push for them agreeing to free accessories in advance if it slips more than a month

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 06:06 AM   #7
jaymk5
Bheem (Powerful and Fearful)
United_States
Rep
Drives: "OnOrder" BMW X3 35i SpaceGray

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
You should push for them agreeing to free accessories in advance if it slips more than a month
Agreed, by talking this now, you can be sure it comes on time and if it slips then you know its going to worth waiting. Keep us posted and Good job on threatening part.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 09:15 AM   #8
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I assume dealerships are only alotted so many? That's why the OP has to wait until August but I only have to wait until May?
      03-23-2011, 11:59 AM   #9
stlgirl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 28i X3

agree with sfax--the threat of scrapping a 50K sale can certainly work wonders. annoying, though, that you had to haggle with them.
Appreciate 0