BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-24-2011, 10:15 AM   #23
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
I'll reserve judgment on whether the M Sport is a better looker until I see some in the flesh. At the moment I'm not convinced and think the TS one in Chicago looks worse than my SE. It ruins the wheels because of the body coloured wheel arches. They just don't work well IMO. It's supposed to a small SUV, SAV, whatever and I think colouring it in all over doesn't work in the way that it does with a 3 series coupe for example. Loses its muscularity and gives it a narrower looking stance
I understand the entire car being the same color isn't for everyone and there is nothing wrong with that, its just personal preference. I also think it depends on the color you get, some look better some may look worse. I think if you are getting a dark color like Deep Sea Blue or any of the Blacks, it doesn't matter!

As far as the TS in Chicago, this was the first X3 I saw in person and I posted a few of the pictures on this site (I posted the interior ones). The wheels shown were the standard wheels on the 28i M Sport in the US and all the D models in Europe, but the 35i M Sport in the US gets the 19" wheels which look MUCH better. If you haven't seen an M Sport in person, don't pass judgement on it looking to tall (narrow) because that is not the case, pictures may make it appear that way at certain angles but in person I did not get that impression, and they had a regular version there to compare it to.

Personally I am getting the M Sport for the headliner, wheels, shadowline exterior trim, black roof rails, and steering wheel, I don't care one way or another about the coloring on the outside. My wife and myself both love the look of the dark headliner, especially since we are most likely getting oyster leather and aluminum trim (deciding between Vermillion Red and Deep Sea Blue, unless for some reason they decide to add a bright blue color for 2012, then that messes everything up).

Last edited by Mako; 03-24-2011 at 11:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 10:27 AM   #24
MA78
TK-421
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
I understand the entire car being the same color isn't for everyone and there is nothing wrong with that, its just personal preference. I also think it depends on the color you get, some look better some may look worse. I think if you are getting a dark color like Deep Sea Blue or any of the Blacks, it doesn't matter!

As far as the TS in Chicago, this was the first X3 I saw in person and I posted a few of the pictures on this site (I posted the interior ones). The wheels shown were the standard wheels on the 28i M Sport in the US and all the D models in Europe, but the 35i M Sport in the US gets the 19" wheels which look MUCH better. If you haven't seen an M Sport in person, don't pass judgement on it looking to tall (narrow) because that is not the case, pictures may make it appear that way at certain angles but in person I did not get that impression, and they had a regular version there to compare it to.

Personally I am getting the M Sport for the headliner, wheels, and steering wheel, I don't care one way or another about the coloring on the outside. My wife and myself both love the look of the dark headliner, especially since we are most likely getting oyster leather and aluminum trim (deciding between Vermillion Red and Deep Sea Blue, unless for some reason they decide to add a bright blue color for 2012, then that messes everything up).
How is the steering wheel different from the sport package wheel?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #25
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA78 View Post
How is the steering wheel different from the sport package wheel?
good question, I am assuming its nicer leather, and thicker, if you look at the description difference the sport package says it has a sports leather wheel, the M Sport Package says it has a M sports leather wheel, different product codes too. The wheel I saw at the Chicago autoshow was what you would find in an M3, the sport one I don't think is as nice.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 11:57 AM   #26
MA78
TK-421
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
good question, I am assuming its nicer leather, and thicker, if you look at the description difference the sport package says it has a sports leather wheel, the M Sport Package says it has a M sports leather wheel, different product codes too. The wheel I saw at the Chicago autoshow was what you would find in an M3, the sport one I don't think is as nice.
If the 3 Series can be used for comparison, it will be just as thick but with a different finish and an ///M logo.
Appreciate 0