BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
Babbage
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

Unhappy Bluetooth streeming problem A2DP

Car: 2011 BMW X3 35i, Tech pack, Executive pack, etc.
Phone: Google Nexus One running Android Gingerbread v. 2.3.3 and Google Listen podcast service
Problem: Bluetooth audio streaming A2DP

OK, I'm having the toughest time with this. I've paired the phone to the car, and it worked fine the first time. Then stopped working. I tried unpairing, and pairing again. It worked again, once. But when I leave the car and come back, it stops working again.

I just cannot consistently stream music or podcasts. I press "play", but the player on the phone just sits there. Twice now it has caused my phone to reboot.

Also, when it worked those two times, it had a strange side effect: it activated the music app on my phone by itself. (I don't want this, I wanted to use the podcasting app)

I know it's not the phone's fault, since it worked really well with my two year old Pioneer aftermarket stereo in my old car.

I hope a patch is issued soon for BMW's software...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
Babbage
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

OK, this seems to work: I make sure Bluetooth is disabled from the Power Control bar on my phone. I get in the car, and start the engine. Then turn on Bluetooth on the phone.

At that point the car recognizes the phone and all seems to work well.

So I seems to have found a kludge. It works for now, but it's disappointing that my ~$70,000 car doesn't interface with my phone as well as my 2 year old aftermarket Pioneer unit, or my Altec Lansing Soundblade portable Bluetooth speaker.

Good news is that almost everything else about the car is great, so it's hard to complain.
Appreciate 0