BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-30-2023, 08:55 PM   #1
ClutchFC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 35i

Size of Front Wishbone Arm Bushings Dimensions?

Probably going on a whim here.. Anyone here for some crazy reason, happen to have the bushings dimensions, or better yet, the dimensions of the hole the bushing is pushed into on the front wishbone? I noticed Energy Suspension sells universal urethane bushings, and while I put Powerflex on the radius arms, I'm wondering if I could find a fit for the wishbone arms too.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2023, 05:33 PM   #2
E36M3
Private
Rep
Drives: 97 M3, '14 335i, '12 X3 35i

I just pressed in replacements and they were only $16 each for the Lemforder OE bushings from Bimmerworld. OE Part number is 31106786951. Yes energy suspension sells polyurethane ones but as soon as the grease washes out of them they will squeak. If you are looking for performance replacements then hardrace did solid rubber ones but you will increase NVH quite a bit. If you were looking for other application bushings that are close someone adapted some Audi 65mm bushings but the center wasn’t the correct length so they needed spacers to make it work. Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2023, 07:46 PM   #3
ClutchFC
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 35i

Thanks. I don't mind a little NVH, that's one of my least concerns, but it looks like HardRace is out of stock. Appears like there's very few options, I would prefer Energy Suspension but if there isn't a close enough size then I don't really have much of a choice other than replacing with OEM.
Appreciate 0