BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-28-2011, 02:24 AM   #1
wolfman101
Rep
Drives: SRT6,SLK55 AMG,X3 20d M-Sport

Hello folks! Query list!

Finally got my 20d m-sport...pics to follow!

As of right now I have some questions...

1: The radiator seems mighty exposed behind that flimsy grille. Anyone ever had problems with bugs, etc?

2: I have a Samsung Galaxy S2. It syncs fine, but i am not getting my emails or messages in the "Office" feature. I also have the Internet browser enabled, but it doesn't work-just shoots me an error about needing to change settings. Anyone had a hard time getting their phone to do these things?

3: I notice that some people have pretty satinated plastic rings on their front cup holders. Is this a part I can order?

4: They key is VERY large (although I have the comfort access system), and frankly cheap and flimsy feeling. Is there an alternative? I know that some marques actually have different "levels" of key that you can purchase, with nicer designs, etc.

5: I have the bi-xenons. When switched to "auto" they are ALWAYS on. Even after I have disabled "daytime running lights" in the settings. I assumed that that would simply be the LED rings rather than the lights themselves anyway?

That's it for now I suppose. Overall very happy with the car...as a package, compared to the Benz/Audi rivals, I feel that it is definitely the better choice.

My only issue is the interior, which while decent quality, is just a tad boring-I really think that BMW are lagging behind the other Germans in the aesthetics in that department these days!

Aside from that, having a blast!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 05:47 AM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman101 View Post
Finally got my 20d m-sport...pics to follow!

As of right now I have some questions...

1: The radiator seems mighty exposed behind that flimsy grille. Anyone ever had problems with bugs, etc?

2: I have a Samsung Galaxy S2. It syncs fine, but i am not getting my emails or messages in the "Office" feature. I also have the Internet browser enabled, but it doesn't work-just shoots me an error about needing to change settings. Anyone had a hard time getting their phone to do these things?

3: I notice that some people have pretty satinated plastic rings on their front cup holders. Is this a part I can order?

4: They key is VERY large (although I have the comfort access system), and frankly cheap and flimsy feeling. Is there an alternative? I know that some marques actually have different "levels" of key that you can purchase, with nicer designs, etc.

5: I have the bi-xenons. When switched to "auto" they are ALWAYS on. Even after I have disabled "daytime running lights" in the settings. I assumed that that would simply be the LED rings rather than the lights themselves anyway?

That's it for now I suppose. Overall very happy with the car...as a package, compared to the Benz/Audi rivals, I feel that it is definitely the better choice.

My only issue is the interior, which while decent quality, is just a tad boring-I really think that BMW are lagging behind the other Germans in the aesthetics in that department these days!

Aside from that, having a blast!
Welcome. Others will do a better job of answering some of these but....

1. No, not yet
2. BMW Office won't work with anything other than Blackberry as far as I know
3. Yes, there's a thread on this - search for cup holders
4. I haven't heard of one on this forum but it would be expensive as the basic key itself costs a lot to replace
5. If you switch off daytime running lights, the lights should be off if it's daylight and they're on auto. If they're still on, you have a fault. Mine are off if I switch of DRLs (I never do because they look awesome )

Agree on the interior but you get used to it and then get to like it after a while. Pro nav makes a big difference

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
ppduck
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

hi Wolfman,

can you advise how much did u pay for your X3 20d pls? as just wanna get a reference...
cheers,
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 09:23 AM   #4
wolfman101
Rep

So the daytime running lights should be only the rings?

I paid 98k, that is m-sport with quite literally every option except rear seat heaters and auto tailgate.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 10:40 AM   #5
ppduck
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

thanks Wolfman..... it is nice.....
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #6
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman101 View Post

Not got mine yet but I had the same thoughts when I had an X3 demonstrator and it left me worried about stones puncturing the radiator. I has this several years ago on an Audi A3 Sportback - stone punctured the radiator and led to a gradual loss of coolant.

Still, mine will be a company car so I don't really need to worry about repair costs for this sort of damage, just the possible inconvenience of a breakdown.
      08-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #7
wolfman101
Rep

Ah.

Last gripe I almost forgot about:
MANUAL WHEEL? Really?

That pretty much negates the whole user profile/ease of access/everything remembers everything business doesn't it?

When I get in after my wife, everything goes back to how I like it, but the wheel still mistreats my genitals.

Pretty much inexcusable to not even have it as an option.
Appreciate 0