BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-25-2023, 10:18 AM   #1
Martingg
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 f25

BMW f25 boot leak

I have spent many hours tracking down a leak into the boot on the side we’re the hazard triangle is located along with the amp. First noticed the leak as it caused an issue with the amp shorting. Luckily it dried out ok. I originally thought it was coming through the wheel arch vent, but this was ok. I then noticed that the cable wiring tube like grommet thingy that the wiring to the tail gate passes through had come detached at the body work end. To get this back in due to the limited access and need to get the white plug in. I had to partly remove the boot seal Along with the side panel of the rear side boot speaker to get access from behind. This is held in by two two screw fixing that need to be removed. One is easy to see with the side panel out. The other is hidden under the cap for the rear seat belt. It’s also held in by four push clips. With this speaker panel the grommets tube thing can be eased back on and the white plastic lock thingy be pushed in to secure the grommet. For good measure I also used some clear silicon. I do hope this works.
Appreciate 0