BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #67
cadman50
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i, 2021 X3 M40i

and if you like having the sunroof open on nice days and getting that open air feeling, don't get the Evoque. the pano roof is nice but it's a big mistake not to be able to open it. I was exited to test drive the Evoque when it first came out. But left really disappointed. I expected much much more from it.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #68
Snowman73
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0d M-Sport Deep Sea Blue

I too looked at the Evoque before buying my X3. I pass an Evoque walking to work every day and I must say I do prefer the X3 as the Evoque seems squashed and it looks cramped. There is much less space in the RR and performance is no where near the X3. I am very happy with my X3. Now I can put it in sport mode - it is extremely quick - faster than most things on the road. I must say I have not had any of the issues people mention above, but I bought the more expensive M-sport and I believe it may use slightly different components. IMHO if you compare the top model to the base model in any car the top model always feels a lot better swcrewed together. One thing I will say is that the xenon's/LED's on BMW's with angel eyes look far superior to the led's on any other make. Citroen/Kia etc and other makes are now doing the led clusters like Audi so they all look quite cheap now. Well done BMW for waiting. My LED daylights and Xenons are superb (IMHO :-) )
__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
2013 X3 M-sport Deep Sea Blue, Black Leather, Xenons, DIRAC Professional Sound sytem, Pro Nav, 19" Wheels, Tinted windows, Folding Mirrors, PDC, ASS, DAB Radio, Aluminium trim inc roof bars
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #69
plymjack
Nuclear Chief of the Watch
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 (F25) 2.0D, i3 BEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman73 View Post
..... but I bought the more expensive M-sport and I believe it may use slightly different components. IMHO if you compare the top model to the base model in any car the top model always feels a lot better swcrewed together. .....
__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
2013 X3 M-sport Deep Sea Blue, Black Leather, Xenons, DIRAC Professional Sound sytem, Pro Nav, 19" Wheels, Tinted windows, Folding Mirrors, PDC, ASS, DAB Radio, Aluminium trim inc roof bars
I dont think there are any component differences between the SE and M spec other than Firmer suspension settings, 19-inch light-alloy wheels, the M short-shifter gear lever, an M multi-function leather steering wheel ,gearshift paddles, and full colour body trimming. - which for the £2000 cost is good value... so I think they are all screwed together the same.
Sony QX10 & GoPro Hero 3
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #70
Snowman73
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0d M-Sport Deep Sea Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by plymjack View Post
I dont think there are any component differences between the SE and M spec other than Firmer suspension settings, 19-inch light-alloy wheels, the M short-shifter gear lever, an M multi-function leather steering wheel ,gearshift paddles, and full colour body trimming. - which for the £2000 cost is good value... so I think they are all screwed together the same.
I do sort of agree with you, but most of the complaints seem to come from people with an SE as opposed to Msport - just an observation, but someone else will likely put me in my place. For the record - I love my car - and am glad I did not buy the RR.

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #71
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
I must say I have not had any of the issues people mention above, but I bought the more expensive M-sport and I believe it may use slightly different components.
Now thats the best reason I have heard for buying the M-Sport so far The reason why there seems to be less problem associated with the M-sport is because there are so few of them out there. As a guess, I would one out of every 20 X3 is M-Sport.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #72
ilumo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I too looked at the Evoque before buying my X3. I pass an Evoque walking to work every day and I must say I do prefer the X3 as the Evoque seems squashed and it looks cramped. There is much less space in the RR and performance is no where near the X3. I am very happy with my X3. Now I can put it in sport mode - it is extremely quick - faster than most things on the road. I must say I have not had any of the issues people mention above, but I bought the more expensive M-sport and I believe it may use slightly different components. IMHO if you compare the top model to the base model in any car the top model always feels a lot better swcrewed together. One thing I will say is that the xenon's/LED's on BMW's with angel eyes look far superior to the led's on any other make. Citroen/Kia etc and other makes are now doing the led clusters like Audi so they all look quite cheap now. Well done BMW for waiting. My LED daylights and Xenons are superb (IMHO :-) )
ended up getting an evoque dynamic. could not resist

im sure im making compromises in performance, but some of the intangibles were superior on the RRE in my opinion
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #73
The X Men
Colonel
Rep

Are you a star war storm trooper fan?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #74
ilumo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
why not. they are bad ass
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #75
ilumo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
this looks like a female storm trooper
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #76
The X Men
Colonel
Rep

Here is a recent comparo between the X3, Evogue and the Q5. The poor Evogue cannot even beat out the 4 cylinder X3 and Q5.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #77
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

Congrats, the baby RR is a unique ride! Care to share some additional pics for us guys who shopped the evoque before settling on the X3?

p.s. I still think the RR looks better than my X3 but my X3 is nicer to drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilumo View Post
ended up getting an evoque dynamic. could not resist

im sure im making compromises in performance, but some of the intangibles were superior on the RRE in my opinion
      05-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #78
ilumo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Here is a recent comparo between the X3, Evogue and the Q5. The poor Evogue cannot even beat out the 4 cylinder X3 and Q5.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test
Agreed. street performance wise, the RRE sucks. off road, its decent. like I said, to each their own.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 02:22 PM   #79
ilumo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
Congrats, the baby RR is a unique ride! Care to share some additional pics for us guys who shopped the evoque before settling on the X3?

I'm loving the technology in the RRE too. the Meridian 825W sound system is a beauty too. Blows my 335xi Logic 7 system away by miles. Not sure about the x3 prem though.

here's a couple other "stock" shots. im going to do a little work to her soon

and
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #80
JimmyTheHand
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3 on order, Porsche Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilumo View Post
Headroom seem lacking in Evoque - which was a instant stop for me (headroom and access main reasons I have SUV )
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #81
The X Men
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post

I am speaking for myself here, I certainly did not settle for the X3. My X3 35i is pretty similar in price as the Evoque, but the Ford 2.0L turbo engine is simply no match for the BMW N55 engine. Look wise, I think the X3 will definitely age better than the Evogue simply because it is not such a radical design. We seriously consider the Evogue, but in the end, the X3 pretty beat out the Evouge in every catagories with the exception of maybe the exterior design, one can say the Evogue as a whole, is design for form over function.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #82
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

Hey X... "settling" was an unfortunate selection of words on my part.
      05-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #83
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 30d M-Sport

Garage List
I can't help thinking I'm looking at robocop's ass when I see an evoque. I don't know why, but it's looks like a 80's film notion of "modernity"

05-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #84
ilumo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post
I can't help thinking I'm looking at robocop's ass when I see an evoque. I don't know why, but it's looks like a 80's film notion of "modernity"

lol. maybe thats where the designers got the cues from
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 01:06 AM   #85
ReturnZero
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i M-Sport

Man that looks seriously good. I sure do love the way it looks on the inside and out.

The premium sound in the X3 isn't great. There's a good chance you got a better sound system in the RR.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #86
ilumo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnZero View Post
Man that looks seriously good. I sure do love the way it looks on the inside and out.

The premium sound in the X3 isn't great. There's a good chance you got a better sound system in the RR.

Love the interior and how RR has the nice contrast stitching, even on the dash. yea the premium sound didnt impress me much on the 3 series. maybe the higher end bimmers are better. the meridian is pretty darn impressive for a factory system though.
if i were to buy, I would probably not chance the RR, and go with the x3, but leasing, i have the warranty, and peace of mind

Last edited by ilumo; 05-24-2013 at 08:11 PM..
Appreciate 0