BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
Toronto-Chris
Registered
Rep
Drives: Working on it!

Please help me decide?! '13 X3 M Sport vs XC60 R-Design

Hey everyone. My wife and I drove a '13 X3 35i a few weeks ago and really liked it. We even zeroed in on a few add-on packages such as the M Sport. Things were pretty much sealed up until we drove a Volvo XC60 R-Design and now, I'm having a tough time choosing.

I'd really like to know what you guys love about your X3's. Features such as power and fuel economy are fairly obvious so, what are the finer points I should consider? Audio? Colour? Interior finishes? Please help me make up my mind!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
Met5280
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Great post I would be interested in the same info
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
Brianjhyphy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 iDrive 35i

The Volvo made it to our top 3. We ultimately chose the X3 because of interior space and design. We really disliked the interior/dash of the Volvo. There was this hole for no apparent reason under the radio instrument. Flaw design! The Audi Q5 my wife could not open the glove compartment without it hitting her knees. Mind you we are a short couple. 5'6" is our height! BMW X3 is classy and I would say more sportier in a sense. Can't beat the head up display either.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #4
Teemo Panda
*Bimmerpost Plasti Dip Guru*
United_States
Rep
Drives: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [5.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto-Chris
Hey everyone. My wife and I drove a '13 X3 35i a few weeks ago and really liked it. We even zeroed in on a few add-on packages such as the M Sport. Things were pretty much sealed up until we drove a Volvo XC60 R-Design and now, I'm having a tough time choosing.

I'd really like to know what you guys love about your X3's. Features such as power and fuel economy are fairly obvious so, what are the finer points I should consider? Audio? Colour? Interior finishes? Please help me make up my mind!
Both cars are equal in safety, the thing I don't like about the Volvo is their waterfall dashboard, looks outdated
During cornering, I feel like the Volvo is a full sized SUV while the x3 is like dosent feel like it.
I personally Love my M-Sport x3, it just looks mean and I always find excuses just to drive it :3
      02-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
Ascari
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 AW 1M - 08 X3 MSport 3.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto-Chris

If what matters is purely colour, interior, audio - maybe the q5 is for you. But having driven that back to back with the x3 recently, there is no comparison in terms of handling. The x3 steers and handles like a car, the q5 like a car carrying boat. Volvos have the same understeer tendency. So, if you like driving the x3 is the go, unless (like me) you're waiting for the porsche macan!
Appreciate 0