BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-19-2015, 10:45 AM   #1
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 28i '10 535i '04 325i

Expanded Service Reset Help

I just replaced my rear pads and sensor. The brake mileage will not reset(different subject), so I've got warnings on the dash and iDrive. Trying the method that is commonly posted would not bring up the menu. Here's what worked:
1. Doors closed, safety belt on.
2. Hit start button, but do not start engine.
3. Wait for iDrive warning to come up. Hit "Ok".
4. Wait for dash warning to disappear.
5. Press and hold for service reset menu.

Waiting for things to disappear or appear does not happen at the speed of light, a bit slow!

Last edited by Radioactive; 03-19-2015 at 11:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2015, 12:23 PM   #2
TonyX3driver
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 (2011), X5 F15 (2017)

Garage List
how about this??

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 03:52 PM   #3
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
Rep

Tried over and over the instructions as per the video and others. With the "brake warning" on the idrive and dash the service menu would not appear as per the video. It was not until I used the posted expanded instructions would the service menu appear.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 03:50 PM   #4
TonyX3driver
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 (2011), X5 F15 (2017)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
Tried over and over the instructions as per the video and others. With the "brake warning" on the idrive and dash the service menu would not appear as per the video. It was not until I used the posted expanded instructions would the service menu appear.
What you mean i drive "brake warning"?? Is this message from pads sensor tear-off?? It can logic- if you have hardware (break pads) faulty, cannot reset software values. Did you checked pads sensors ok??
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2015, 08:37 PM   #5
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
Rep

Perhaps a picture would add clarification. but, it is to late for that. After replacement of my rear brake pads and sensor. The dash and idrive gave warning messages in the normal BMW apocalyptic fashion concerning bad brakes(I don't remember the exact wording). As it turns out the new sensor was defective, causing the warning and not allowing the service menu reset.

There are two methods to reset the service menu; via outboard computer or the dash. The outboard computer would not reset the service menu although it read "100%" on the pads. I later tried to reset via the dash method, but the service menu would not appear using the normal method. It was not until I used the method I posted that the service menu would even appear. My intention in posting was to help others who may have a similar problem, but cannot get the service menu to appear. Could not find any help on the internet, so this may save somebody a little frustration.

Long story short, the old sensor was reinstalled and everything reset. 'Nuff said.
Appreciate 0