BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-09-2011, 05:12 AM   #1
stlgirl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 28i X3

3 issues with 2011 x3

2011 x3 28i, 5K miles

1. music from iphone no longer playing through speakers. everything is paired up as should be, music note icon lights up, phone is synced with bmw bluetooth. only thing that's changed is that i updated my iphone recently...
bluetooth phone works fine. just no output of my music from the speakers.

2. oil level sensor malfunction light on. i think i've read this requires a software update at the dealer?

3. random question: does the nav system ever require updating? my nav system kept avoiding a highway that had been (no longer is) shut down for a year (due to repairs) in our area. i took it in and asked if there was some sort of software/map update that was needed. tech told me that as long as the nav system was working, it would never need software updates. is that true?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 06:05 AM   #2
Steve30dMSport
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 30D M Sport

I highly doubt that the Nav system has automatic map update downloads............
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
MikeBimmer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3

I would first delete your iPhone from the car then repair it. Make sure the music icon is still selected. When I updated to iOS 5 my car dropped the iPhone as a bluetooth music player. After re-pairing I have had no problems. If that doesn't work, reload your iPhone's software and try again. You'll also want to make sure you don't have anything plugged into your car's aux port, if memory serves.

I think the oil sensor issue will magically fix itself judging from a post I read several days ago...

Maps are generally fixed with update discs, not with software for the operating system. Try a search for 'map updates' and see what others have found. Probably not worth the expense to update for that one highway. To my knowledge the only time 'real time' information that is applied to the map is via the traffic function.
      12-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #4
stlgirl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 28i X3

Thank you both. Mike, I will try the iphone trick. Re: the oil sensor issue, when I called the service advisor, he said that they had just fixed another X3 with the same issue that morning...BUT I read some posts too where the sensor going on was very weather dependent. I'll keep you all posted.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #5
Dr Goethe
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i

What has happened with your oil sensor malfunction? My warning continues to randomly come on and then go off repeatedly.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #6
WagonRider
Leo
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 (X3) 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlgirl View Post
2011 x3 28i, 5K miles

1. music from iphone no longer playing through speakers. everything is paired up as should be, music note icon lights up, phone is synced with bmw bluetooth. only thing that's changed is that i updated my iphone recently...
bluetooth phone works fine. just no output of my music from the speakers.

2. oil level sensor malfunction light on. i think i've read this requires a software update at the dealer?

3. random question: does the nav system ever require updating? my nav system kept avoiding a highway that had been (no longer is) shut down for a year (due to repairs) in our area. i took it in and asked if there was some sort of software/map update that was needed. tech told me that as long as the nav system was working, it would never need software updates. is that true?
Just curious, which hwy doesnt show up?I'd trouble with some of the road closures even on an updated Garmin portable Nav in my other car. So depending on the build of the vehicle, the Map might not have any recent construction updates. However, my X3 Nav does seem to show traffic updates on all highways in STL. Could it be that you've the faster route option set and the Nav is avoiding any potential delay? Check alternate route options to see maybe it shows up.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #7
Fight4Cash
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328xi and x3 28i

Garage List
2011 28i X3  [0.00]
2007 328 xi  [0.00]
Oil level sensor malfunction

Had that message come on frequently. Brought to BMW, they topped up with 1litre . Malfunction has not shown up since. Happened just over 11000 km / 7000 miles
Appreciate 0