BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
greg2step
X3 Owner/Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
Has anyone done deep sea blue w/ chestnut?

I was thinking i wanted that combo, but after looking at some pictures, the chestnut may be too red. I can only find picts of chestnut w/ black or white exterior, not deep sea blue.

has anyone done chestnut w/ deep sea blue? I would love to see pics, i'm scared I may not like it and I am tempted to switch to nevada mojave.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #2
Harplayr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 28i, F25

I have a Jet Black with Chestnut and love the combination.
I would have serious reservations about a Blue exterior / Chestnut interior combination. It may be too busy.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
Zoo54924
Getting there...
Rep
Drives: X3 35i

i just got my deep sea blue color with oyster interior. At first, I was leaning towards the chestnut but after seeing it in person at that dealership, i didnt think it wouldve matched the exterior. Dont get me wrong, i love the colorway but just didnt go which the exterior I've chosen. Its hot on a jet black or white tho IMO
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 02:09 PM   #4
Alanintx
ATAP
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Midnight Blue 430xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg2step View Post
I was thinking i wanted that combo, but after looking at some pictures, the chestnut may be too red. I can only find picts of chestnut w/ black or white exterior, not deep sea blue.

has anyone done chestnut w/ deep sea blue? I would love to see pics, i'm scared I may not like it and I am tempted to switch to nevada mojave.
I have Deep Sea Blue metallic with Chestnut Interior and the darker wood trim. Get many compliments and I am very pleased with it. Was tired of the standard beige (shows dirt) or black (too hot) interiors.

There are pictures posted somewhere in the forum that show the combination if you search on Chestnut, but it changes depending on the lighting. I would say Cinnamon would be a better name for the color.

The mojave is also a good choice, but it was a bit bland for my tastes.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
greg2step
X3 Owner/Driver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Alanintx - thanks - any chance you have some interior pictures you can post?

Interesting you mention 'cinnamon' before deciding to go w/ the X3 this week, i did an extensive comparison to the Audi Q5 (the handling on the audi just isn't there - especially when it comes to steering)

anyway they have a color called cinnamon thats really pretty and goes well w/ a dark blue Q5 actually had my eye on one thats on a boat in transit to a local Audi dealer...

thats all history since i'm going to order an X3 xdrive35i
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 03:20 PM   #6
lhsa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: kia

cinnamon was an old e46 M3 interior color that's a little more light brown/tan than chestnut.

i have carbon black with chestnut and i (and others) love the combo. i know carbon black is obviously more "black" than deep sea blue, but it may be similar.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 03:24 PM   #7
kozzi
Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo54924 View Post
i just got my deep sea blue color with oyster interior. At first, I was leaning towards the chestnut but after seeing it in person at that dealership, i didnt think it wouldve matched the exterior. Dont get me wrong, i love the colorway but just didnt go which the exterior I've chosen. Its hot on a jet black or white tho IMO
DSB with oyster interior is stunning. I tried to justify that combo with a wife and our 3 kids but just couldn't pull the trigger. What I really wanted was the saddle brown that I saw in a 335i with DSB, which was not going to happen. I settled for the mojave (which is also 2 tone) and could not be happier. I love the chestnut but would never pair it with DSB. The best advice for you is to make sure you see your combo in person before making a choice. Good Luck!!

2021 BMW X3MC
Donington Grey Metallic / Sakhir Orange & Black Extended Merino Leather / Aluminum Carbon Structure
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #8
Alanintx
ATAP
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Alanintx - thanks - any chance you have some interior pictures you can post?

Interesting you mention 'cinnamon' before deciding to go w/ the X3 this week, i did an extensive comparison to the Audi Q5 (the handling on the audi just isn't there - especially when it comes to steering)

anyway they have a color called cinnamon thats really pretty and goes well w/ a dark blue Q5 actually had my eye on one thats on a boat in transit to a local Audi dealer...

thats all history since i'm going to order an X3 xdrive35i
Will post some pictures later tonight.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 08:07 PM   #9
greg2step
X3 Owner/Driver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
thanks! i'm hoping to place my order tomorrow... still dealer shopping as relates to trade-in on my 328xi wagon.

the first dealer i had been working with way lowballed my trade in - 2nd dealer topping them by like 15% and carmax better yet, however in maryland there is a sales tax advantage to direct trade in and carmax doesn't beat that too.

anyway i have a bit more to work with need to re-evaluate DHP vs smaller payments
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #10
Alanintx
ATAP
United_States
Rep

Quote:
thanks! i'm hoping to place my order tomorrow... still dealer shopping as relates to trade-in on my 328xi wagon.

the first dealer i had been working with way lowballed my trade in - 2nd dealer topping them by like 15% and carmax better yet, however in maryland there is a sales tax advantage to direct trade in and carmax doesn't beat that too.

anyway i have a bit more to work with need to re-evaluate DHP vs smaller payments
Keep working the dealers, the 2nd one sounds best. Carmax always gives great trade-in value, but you will see the sales tax advantage from dealers in most of the states.

Hope the pictures help. As I mentioned, the interior color looks different depending on the light conditions. Mostly reddish-brown, sometimes picks up orange with bright light or a flash. The sun was setting on the drivers side, so you can see the difference.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #11
greg2step
X3 Owner/Driver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks, those pics help alot, its decision time in MD
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2011, 06:14 PM   #12
jsplayin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Does anybody else have this combo?

Alanintx would you be so kind to post more pictures, perhaps zoomed out with more of the car showing and the doors open.

I place an order for this combo but I'm still going back and forth whether it will look as good as I hope it will. I took a chestnut leather swatch to a DSB 3 series the dealer had on the lot and in my opinion it looked great. The actual leather appeared much less red than the photos others are showing. There were several DSB 3 series on the lot that had saddle leather, which is really similar in concept except chestnut is more red. My second choice would be alpine white with chestnut, but I'm hoping an M sport in DSB with chestnut will look sporty and good. I hope it doesn't come out like some of these cars i've seen over the years on the web, like an imola red with cinnamon interior or phoenix yellow with imola red leather
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 11:10 PM   #13
Alanintx
ATAP
United_States
Rep

My last BMW, an E93 (328 convert) has the saddle interior and I loved that. Definitely different, more sedate than the chestnut. The color of some of my luggage.

The chestnut is more the color of cinnamon - brown, red and orange depending on the light.

I'll try and snap some more pics tom'w in the light.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 07:47 AM   #14
greg2step
X3 Owner/Driver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I ended up going w/ Mojave over chestnut, NO regrets whatsoever.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #15
jsplayin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I ended up changing my order to boring old black leather today. I spent way too much time thinking about this and came to the conclusion that its more likely that I might end up hating the combination rather than loving it. I still think overall it would probably look good and the show car at the Geneva car show had this combination after all, but my M3 has cinnamon and the thought of both our cars having such similar and unusual interiors might not be the best idea. So black it is, and hopefully with the white contrast stitching it will be interesting enough.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #16
greg2step
X3 Owner/Driver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsplayin View Post
I ended up changing my order to boring old black leather today. I spent way too much time thinking about this and came to the conclusion that its more likely that I might end up hating the combination rather than loving it. I still think overall it would probably look good and the show car at the Geneva car show had this combination after all, but my M3 has cinnamon and the thought of both our cars having such similar and unusual interiors might not be the best idea. So black it is, and hopefully with the white contrast stitching it will be interesting enough.
if a color like cinnamon existed i would have gotten it.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #17
Alanintx
ATAP
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsplayin View Post
Does this mean I don't have to take more pictures? :-)

They are all great colors.

Black is very classy and does not show dirt as much as the other colors. Not good for me, though, as I live in Texas and it gets kinda hot here (triple digit temperatures for weeks) and the black seems to absorb the heat.

Oyster is also very good looking and very classy, and reflects the hot sun. However my dog would turn oyster into the color of a clam shell.

Mojave was my second choice, but actually had a similar color in one of my past cars, an Acura. Great color, loved it, but I wanted a color that was more "lively".

Always like to change things up, so I went with the chestnut - doesn't show dirt, doesn't absorb the heat, and so on. I get many compliments on it.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #18
jsplayin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanintx View Post
Does this mean I don't have to take more pictures? :-)

They are all great colors.

Black is very classy and does not show dirt as much as the other colors. Not good for me, though, as I live in Texas and it gets kinda hot here (triple digit temperatures for weeks) and the black seems to absorb the heat.

Oyster is also very good looking and very classy, and reflects the hot sun. However my dog would turn oyster into the color of a clam shell.

Mojave was my second choice, but actually had a similar color in one of my past cars, an Acura. Great color, loved it, but I wanted a color that was more "lively".

Always like to change things up, so I went with the chestnut - doesn't show dirt, doesn't absorb the heat, and so on. I get many compliments on it.
If you ever get a chance do a little photo shoot and post them up. I would still love to see more of this combo, even though I'm not going with it. Oyster is my personal favorite with DSB and we saw the exact combo today, but with a baby, a dog, and a *ehem* car messy wife it would indeed look like a clam shell in no time.
Appreciate 0