BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-06-2011, 05:36 AM   #1
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

BMW UK Website

New UK website due this end of this year apparently, and hopefully some of the features that they already have on the US version. This letter also suggests that in the US you can look at cameras of your BMW in production at Spartanburg. Is that true???

Digital brochures across the range coming soon as well. The iPad app for the X3 was pretty impressive so anything along those lines would be welcome. They will hopefully make it easier to have a good 3D look around some real photos of different colour combinations.

Quote:
Dear Mr ----------,

Your email below has been sent to me as the relevant person to offer response. In the first instance, I’d like to thank you for taking the time to offer feedback on the current BMW UK website. Your constructive comments are much appreciated and reinforce several issues that we have ourselves identified.

I’m sorry to hear that you ultimately feel there is a disparity between BMW products and printed literature created in support of these, versus our national website. I agree that a manufacturer’s website is indeed often the starting point for anyone considering a car purchase, and we take great care to ensure that our national and dealer sites are full of up-to-date and relevant content. We of course appreciate that there are additional features we could, and should, add such as digital brochures and Track your BMW, as our US counterparts have achieved by the placement of cameras within their plant at Spartanburg. For your own information, there is currently a PDF pricelist available for the new X3 on bmw.co.uk; digital brochures will be available for models across the range in the first half of this year as this is a project currently in progress.

The process of configuring a car on a website should be a pleasurable and fun experience, and I regret that the load time of this module on your PC has caused you frustration. This key element of our website is an asset integrated from BMW AG, Munich and we continue to work with our colleagues at headquarters to make improvements to its usability and performance.

BMW UK absolutely recognises the importance of our website, and digital marketing as a whole, to support our customers in their purchase and ownership of a BMW vehicle. As such, BMW UK has put itself forward as a pilot market for a new website to be launched at the end of this year. Our expectation is that, in so doing and with commitment to continuous improvements thereafter, the points you raise about improved design, content, usability and performance will be addressed, offering our users heightened enjoyment and the absolute premium experience that they expect.

I thank you again for your comments, Mr ----------, and I wish you many happy miles in your new BMW X3 when you take delivery in February.

Kind regards

Marian Luff

Internet Marketing Manager
BMW UK

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Shame you didnt get a direct response!

So what they are saying is they know the site is rubbish and need another year to sort it out

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps

Last edited by BIMMER UK 76; 01-06-2011 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Yeah, I thought Ian Robertson was going to email me personally and say look, if you think you can do any better son, the jobs yours

At least she wished me many happy miles on my new X3. I was made up.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0