BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-25-2011, 05:23 AM   #1
marmite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

19" 369M light alloys

Hi guys/girls,

I'd appreciate your last minute thoughts on the merits or disadvantages of these wheels (19" 369M light alloys).

I'm about to change order anyway (to add DAB) - and have been pondering whether to upgrade to these alloys too. A lot of people seem to think it's a must for aesthetic reasons on the M Sport - and I agree they do look better.

But have other reservations, re.:

1) comfort/ride - will it be noticeable over 18"?
2) tyre costs - not a biggy, but a small -ve.
4) mixed tyres - 8.5" front and 9.5" back - I don't think it's a problem - unless anyone can point out a negative about that specifically.
3) winter tyres - I don't understand a whole lot about what you can put on what, and am slightly concerned that these 19" means I'll have to have wider tyres for winters too..

I'll call them today, so comments asap please!
BMW xdrive30d M Sport Space Grey, Black Nevada, Aluminium Trim, 19" 369M alloys, Prof. Media package, Visibility package, Access package, VDC, Sun Protection Glass, Front Seat Heating, Split-folding rear seats, Sun Blinds, Lumbar support, Extended Storage, Business Stereo, DAB, Tel. USB audio interface, 6NR, 614 Internet.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 06:14 AM   #2
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
4) I've had mixed on my 330i and never had an issue

3) If you're putting winter tires on your "summer" rims, then yes, they will have to fit. Alternatively you can get a winter rim/tire package.
      03-25-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmite View Post
Hi guys/girls,

I'd appreciate your last minute thoughts on the merits or disadvantages of these wheels (19" 369M light alloys).

I'm about to change order anyway (to add DAB) - and have been pondering whether to upgrade to these alloys too. A lot of people seem to think it's a must for aesthetic reasons on the M Sport - and I agree they do look better.

But have other reservations, re.:

1) comfort/ride - will it be noticeable over 18"?
2) tyre costs - not a biggy, but a small -ve.
4) mixed tyres - 8.5" front and 9.5" back - I don't think it's a problem - unless anyone can point out a negative about that specifically.
3) winter tyres - I don't understand a whole lot about what you can put on what, and am slightly concerned that these 19" means I'll have to have wider tyres for winters too..

I'll call them today, so comments asap please!
On the staggered tyres, greater width increases grip. If you therefore went from 8.5 front and rear, to 8.5 front and 9.5 rear with a proportional increase in rear tyre width; the car would understeer more or oversteer less (depending on the original set up) at speed.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 06:04 PM   #4
marmite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Well, I spoke to the dealer and they warned me that there might be a 'significant delay' - the most recent change that had been made by someone else to their car (2.0d) incurred a 6 week delay.. but they were unsure if would be same.
So, after some hesitation, I told them to go ahead and a few hours later, I was told it had not change production week!!!
(and I have a screen shot of their system as verification)

Oddly the expected delivery week did slip by 1 week..
BMW xdrive30d M Sport Space Grey, Black Nevada, Aluminium Trim, 19" 369M alloys, Prof. Media package, Visibility package, Access package, VDC, Sun Protection Glass, Front Seat Heating, Split-folding rear seats, Sun Blinds, Lumbar support, Extended Storage, Business Stereo, DAB, Tel. USB audio interface, 6NR, 614 Internet.
Appreciate 0