BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #23
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MY14 X3 35d M

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
IMO they'll switch production to the new dash at the same time for all markets so providing your X3 is produced after the Chicago one pictured above (which was delivered this week I presume) I think you'll get the new dash.

Delivery for UK is usually production start date + 6 weeks
Hope you're right

Mine is scheduled for a Week 16 build (15th April) so it hasn't entered production yet. Fingers crossed for the new dash. Hopefully then no later than the 2nd week of May we'll start to see some MY14's in the UK to confirm the changes in our market.
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 07:41 AM   #24
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumblingtrout View Post
Hope you're right

Mine is scheduled for a Week 16 build (15th April) so it hasn't entered production yet. Fingers crossed for the new dash. Hopefully then no later than the 2nd week of May we'll start to see some MY14's in the UK to confirm the changes in our market.
You'll get it for sure. I'll eat my inferior dash if I'm wrong

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #25
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
You'll get it for sure. I'll eat my inferior dash if I'm wrong
Haha!

Is there any literature on the dash anywhere - does the same dash feature in any other vehicles? Any changes to what it displays over the old one etc?
MY14 X3 35d M-Sport. Born 19/04/13, Delivered 31/05/13. Alpine White, Red Brown Leather, Brushed Aluminium, 19" 369 Alloys, BMW Media - Professional, Visibility Package, Access Package, Electric Seats w/ Lumbar, Variable Damper Control, Panoramic Roof, Extended Storage, HUD & Black Panel Dash, DAB, Reversing Camera & Top View, Heated Steering Wheel, Heated Rear Seats, Apps, Internet, BMW Loudspeaker Professional... & More.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #26
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
Haha!

Is there any literature on the dash anywhere - does the same dash feature in any other vehicles? Any changes to what it displays over the old one etc?
Looks like the 9.2" Black Panel is linked to ordering HUD (as happened with F10/11)

In the latest international version of the brochure it shows the full colour HUD and 9.2" black panel as being an option.

MS

Last edited by UKMS; 04-09-2013 at 11:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #27
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep

I emailed my sales chap some photos of the new black dash and asked if he had any more info and he replied as follows:

Quote:
Hi StumblingTrout,

Your mail is very interesting and the question has been escalated to the X3 Product Team based in Bracknell (UK head office)

The picture appears to show the Full Black Panel Display, although this option is not mentioned anywhere in any of the product bulletins regarding the forthcoming changes.

There is a chance this is a US Market only option but hopefully I should be able to shed some light on it for you.

I’m out of the office tomorrow but I hope for a response by Thursday.
I'll update with what I hear.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #28
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukstevens View Post
Looks like the 9.2" Black Panel is linked to ordering HUD (as happened with F10/11)

In the latest international version of the brochure it shows the full colour HUD and 9.2" black panel as being an option.

MS
Do you have a link to the international brochure? Does the dash come with the HUD according to it?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #29
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I emailed my sales chap some photos of the new black dash and asked if he had any more info and he replied as follows:

I'll update with what I hear.
I wouldn't hold your breath for a positive outcome. They are absolutely hopeless at Bracknell and most of the sales guys in the dealerships haven't got a clue about anything technical.

They had no idea what 6NR BMW Apps was when I ordered despite it being widely reported for quite some time

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 04:15 AM   #30
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep

Hmmm....
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 04:23 AM   #31
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Hmmm....
Makes sense as it's another selling point for HUD. Bit like the way you get BMW Assist as part of the pro nav package and you can't just get the better screen and dash without getting the whole package.

Would be good if HUD also included speed camera sites and highlighted potentially good looking women on the pavements ahead.

I also like my climate windscreen and it's not compatible with HUD

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 04:35 AM   #32
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Makes sense as it's another selling point for HUD. Bit like the way you get BMW Assist as part of the pro nav package and you can't just get the better screen and dash without getting the whole package.

Would be good if HUD also included speed camera sites and highlighted potentially good looking women on the pavements ahead.

I also like my climate windscreen and it's not compatible with HUD
Do you think that implies then that any car that has HUD will get the black panel dash?

Looking on the config, you can't select between two types of dash - I think the extended functionality dash has always been standard??
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 04:44 AM   #33
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Do you think that implies then that any car that has HUD will get the black panel dash?

Looking on the config, you can't select between two types of dash - I think the extended functionality dash has always been standard??
The old setup meant that the nicer dash only came with pro nav - there was no other way to get it but you didn't have to pay any extra. I would be very surprised if you could order HUD and pro nav and yet not get this new dash thrown in as well (providing it has been "released" and it appears it has in the US now)

The white box indicator means it's optional but optional options are often included as part of packages. You need the price list that goes with this brochure because it will list the option codes and which options come with which packages or other options. E.g. it will tell you that BMW Apps can only be ordered in conjunction with pro nav etc

Looking at the picture makes me want the latest HUD

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 12:50 PM   #34
cheesebag
Debadged and Alpine Weiss!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 Msport

I'm sitting on mine until a complete car update inside and out.... we all know cars get new features and tweeks every year but I'm happy until its looks outdated from the outside!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #35
stumblingtrout
Inspector Gadget
United Kingdom
Rep

I dont speak German, but going to the BMW Germany configurator makes it clear that the black panel dash is linked to the HUD...

You can't choose the dash as a separate option either.

The UK configurator shows the new full colour HUD, but no mention of the dash

There is no mention on the BMW USA configurator of the full colour HUD or new dash, despite knowing that a USA spec car has both...

!

Last edited by stumblingtrout; 04-10-2013 at 01:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #36
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Just saw an interior pic of a 2014 that was just delivered (in the US). It did not have HUD and does not have the black panel dash. Only way to get it is with HUD.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 05:13 AM   #37
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

I wouldn't worry too much about what the UK configurator says. It's always had missing information and incorrect information. Quite why they can't put a basic description of every option is beyond me. E.g. enhanced bluetooth, click details and a bigger picture appears but no description of what it is! It's been like that for 2.5 years.

My take on it is that they won't produce old and new HUD at the same time so if they're producing new HUD with the new dash for American builds already, if you have ordered HUD and pro nav in the UK, you'll get the new dash too

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 06:24 AM   #38
UKMS
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: X7 40i

Quote:
I wouldn't worry too much about what the UK configurator says. It's always had missing information and incorrect information. Quite why they can't put a basic description of every option is beyond me. E.g. enhanced bluetooth, click details and a bigger picture appears but no description of what it is! It's been like that for 2.5 years.

My take on it is that they won't produce old and new HUD at the same time so if they're producing new HUD with the new dash for American builds already, if you have ordered HUD and pro nav in the UK, you'll get the new dash too
I've had confirmation from my dealer that full black panel is linked to ordering HUD at the moment. Anyone ordering HUD will automatically get it.

MS
      04-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #39
kaland
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: MY14 BMW X3 2.0D

Anyone have som pics of the new HUD?
      07-13-2015, 01:59 AM   #40
oao
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

hello there! After NBT installed, the height of the front dash unit is longer? So, the storage room below will be smaller?

Would you mind to post a closer look on the outlook on that?

Thanks....
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 10:18 AM   #41
nkcavs23
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X3 xDrive35i

2 years later...
Appreciate 1