BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-01-2024, 09:05 PM   #1
techracer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2004 M3,SMG,Gray, AA-Stg2+

Angry HVAC Control Panel Issue

Hi All, hope you can all help me with an HVAC issue I recently discovered...

Daughter was driving over for Easter this weekend in her 06' M-Sport and said her AC wasn't blowing cold but her other controls were fine. Did some research and some suggested to bypass the AC relay to test to see if that would get it to work, apparently the relays go bad often. I got a wire and connected pins 30 and 87 like many of the sites/videos suggested however when i went to go turn on the car, the hvac control panel wouldn't come on.

I went in and checked all the fuses, 28 63 and 64or 65 i forget. All of them were fine, used a continuity meter and they all tested ok.

Is it possible when i bypassed the relay under the fuse panel under the glove box that something shorted? I've gone ahead and got an AC Control panel/IHKA from wrecking yard on hold and ordered the blower motor resistor (FSR I think they are called), all just in case these are the problems.

Has anyone else seen this? AC is secondary to this as I would like her to have heat/defrost first and foremost but I can't seem to find where the issue is.

Thanks in advance for the help
Appreciate 0