BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-27-2024, 05:43 PM   #23
Jen4BMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spangle1980 View Post
The bad news - no discount.

The good news - Jen4BMW stays on this thread :-)
Flattery will get you everywhere my friend
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2024, 06:54 PM   #24
RDEJR
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X4 M40i

Ordered 2024 X4 M40i 3rd week of March and took delivery last week
Appreciate 1
      04-27-2024, 08:34 PM   #25
Dinan_Rated
DINAN SELLER
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC X3M40i, DINAN M5 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthpaul View Post
Has anyone managed to get a build slot for an x3 m40i recently? Tried today but dealer has sold the last one and won’t have anymore until the new model is out.
Correct, we just ordered out new 2025 m50i fully loaded for my wife
Appreciate 1
dmicah781.00
      04-27-2024, 08:36 PM   #26
Dinan_Rated
DINAN SELLER
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC X3M40i, DINAN M5 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen4BMW View Post
So you were able to order a 2024 X3 M40i? Any discount off MSRP?
Now that’s funny.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 05:10 AM   #27
Darthpaul
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW m140i

Dropped into my local dealers yesterday and was told that the next build slot was for a September delivery, but he did say that was for the current model. I'm very sceptical tbh, that sounds like the new model delivery date to me! Expecting a call back soon and will see if they can confirm 100% it would be a G01, but I doubt it. Shame, as he was going to do me a cracking deal!
Appreciate 1
      04-28-2024, 10:40 AM   #28
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Dropped into my local dealers yesterday and was told that the next build slot was for a September delivery, but he did say that was for the current model. I'm very sceptical tbh, that sounds like the new model delivery date to me! Expecting a call back soon and will see if they can confirm 100% it would be a G01, but I doubt it. Shame, as he was going to do me a cracking deal!
I don’t know when the Roslyn plant model change takes place, or if it’s the same as the Spartanburg US plant.

Shipping time from South Africa to UK is around 4 weeks, but I suspect your scepticism is justified.

Who’s the dealer, and if you place an order will it hold the deal if it turns out to be G45, assuming you’re happy with that.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2024, 04:37 PM   #29
Darthpaul
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW m140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
I don’t know when the Roslyn plant model change takes place, or if it’s the same as the Spartanburg US plant.

Shipping time from South Africa to UK is around 4 weeks, but I suspect your scepticism is justified.

Who’s the dealer, and if you place an order will it hold the deal if it turns out to be G45, assuming you’re happy with that.
If it's a G45 I'm out. Those flat screen dashes in all the new models are awful. One of the reasons I was looking at an X3 M40i over an M340i. I'll keep an eye on the new car stock to see if the right spec pops up, otherwise after over 20 years of BM's, I'll probably have to jump ship.
Appreciate 2
      04-28-2024, 07:39 PM   #30
Plimmie
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i & X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
If it's a G45 I'm out. Those flat screen dashes in all the new models are awful. One of the reasons I was looking at an X3 M40i over an M340i. I'll keep an eye on the new car stock to see if the right spec pops up, otherwise after over 20 years of BM's, I'll probably have to jump ship.
I thought the same about the screens a few months ago. That’s why I got a 2024 X3M40i instead of an X5. I loved the B58 so much that I ‘needed’ to upgrade my 3 series as well. Only thing was, my wife and I did not want to get a used car. So we ‘had’ to get the 2024 M340i. We got used to the newer idrive system fairly quickly and now use them both without having to think about it. It becomes muscle memory very quickly.
      04-29-2024, 01:23 AM   #31
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I agree it looks awful, it's not just the iDrive system it's the design execution of the interior and materials that look cheap by comparison IMO.

Unless something changes before I change car, I also don't think my next car will be a BMW.
Appreciate 2
      05-02-2024, 02:43 PM   #32
Zags85
Rep
Drives: X3

I'm new here and first BMW so not as familiar with their processes besides the limited info I've read. Trading in a Chevy SS and the dealer ordered a 2024 M40i last night for me. They said they had allocations and were using a dealer stock order they could modify. Hope it gets built after reading the thread but would definitely take any advice from this group on whether I should continue looking for something close to my order that's on its way to another dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 03:29 PM   #33
NewMinnesotaBMWOwner
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi A5 ---> soon X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zags85 View Post
I'm new here and first BMW so not as familiar with their processes besides the limited info I've read. Trading in a Chevy SS and the dealer ordered a 2024 M40i last night for me. They said they had allocations and were using a dealer stock order they could modify. Hope it gets built after reading the thread but would definitely take any advice from this group on whether I should continue looking for something close to my order that's on its way to another dealer.
Not sure what you mean by "hope it gets built"? My car is in the production queue, slated to start production the week after next. If yours has been ordered, you should get an email from BMW confirming the order and then you'll be able to track it on BMW's website.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 03:59 PM   #34
Zags85
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMinnesotaBMWOwner View Post
Not sure what you mean by "hope it gets built"? My car is in the production queue, slated to start production the week after next. If yours has been ordered, you should get an email from BMW confirming the order and then you'll be able to track it on BMW's website.
No email yet but he mentioned he would have some type of build number for me soon.

I said hope because it looks like the 24's are getting down to the end here, some sheet he gave me had a few paint colors marked EOP. And it seems like BMW's allocation process is somewhat similar to like a Chevy/Ford in that they will take all the orders people will put deposits on, but may never build the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 01:53 PM   #35
BeastLG
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Talking

Confirmed the order sheet for my 2024 X3 M40i on 4/13 and they just reached out to me for PCD on 6/13. Counting down the days!
Appreciate 4
ASAP10208.50
bocabimmer1628.00
lfdal541051.00
      05-03-2024, 02:21 PM   #36
internalaudit
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 8.5 gen Accord

Quote:
I agree it looks awful, it's not just the iDrive system it's the design execution of the interior and materials that look cheap by comparison IMO.

Unless something changes before I change car, I also don't think my next car will be a BMW.
I saw Edmunds comparo this morning:

Nothing against the new BMW elongated display as a I know it will be faster and more feature-filled but with that design, it's hard to distinguish it from many other vehicles and the current one looks classier.

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 02:35 PM   #37
NewMinnesotaBMWOwner
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi A5 ---> soon X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zags85 View Post
No email yet but he mentioned he would have some type of build number for me soon.

I said hope because it looks like the 24's are getting down to the end here, some sheet he gave me had a few paint colors marked EOP. And it seems like BMW's allocation process is somewhat similar to like a Chevy/Ford in that they will take all the orders people will put deposits on, but may never build the car.
Gotcha. Kind of a crappy sales practice to take the order and deposit and then not build the car.

If it makes you feel better, I had an order confirmation from BMW within 24 hours and my X3 is now listed as "production begins" with a VIN number. Hopefully that'll be true for you, too!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2024, 09:34 PM   #38
Zags85
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMinnesotaBMWOwner View Post
Gotcha. Kind of a crappy sales practice to take the order and deposit and then not build the car.

If it makes you feel better, I had an order confirmation from BMW within 24 hours and my X3 is now listed as "production begins" with a VIN number. Hopefully that'll be true for you, too!
Thanks - good news is that he had the production number for me today and I went down to triple check the specs (I wanted a few things like the spare and red calipers that we wanted to make sure we got right). Shows it's in 112 status on the paper he gave me and I added it to the my garage site. On the right track!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2024, 08:25 AM   #39
Zags85
Rep

Ordered 5/1 (I think they put it in 5/3), scheduled for production status immediately with a date of 5/20 per the Genius line. Hoping that date holds!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2024, 08:47 AM   #40
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by internalaudit View Post
I saw Edmunds comparo this morning:

Nothing against the new BMW elongated display as a I know it will be faster and more feature-filled but with that design, it's hard to distinguish it from many other vehicles and the current one looks classier.

Sitting in both brand new cars at the dealer, with and without the new design ethos, the new design ethos car just felt cheap inside. Both cars approaching £100k price bracket.

I want a car with practical info displays and physical switches, not a tablet with wheels.

If BMW are aiming for a cheap and bland look, they nailed it ��
Appreciate 3
      05-06-2024, 08:56 AM   #41
internalaudit
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 8.5 gen Accord

Quote:
Sitting in both brand new cars at the dealer, with and without the new design ethos, the new design ethos car just felt cheap inside. Both cars approaching £100 price bracket.

If BMW are aiming for a cheap and bland look, they nailed it 😜
Hopefully BMW and other manufacturers move back to some physical buttons especially for the HVAC and put back those binnacles back to make it look like a driver's car. A separate gauge cluster built into the dashboard looks so much better and practical -- no glare.

I've looked at the Lexus UX300h, the Toyota Prius, Toyota Crowns interior layout and they are head and shoulder above the single curved display we now see on BMWs, Hyundais, and other Chinese cars in terms of aesthetics and usability. With physical buttons, it takes a second or two to touch a button and move through various settings.

I'm not even against touch screens but at least embed them properly so they look beautiful and not afterthoughts. Also make voice command robust enough to handle music, HVAC and drive modes (probably the three most used functions while the car is in motion) if they will all be embedded in touch screens.

Heck, the display on top of the dash, it actually makes sense because it keeps navigation or the infotainment system along the line of sight when paying attention to what's on the road.

That 2026 Euro NCAP requiring stalks, hazard light button, will not be enough.
Appreciate 1
X3_Alaska154.00
      05-06-2024, 01:33 PM   #42
BeastLG
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Today's the day! First day of "Production Begins". F12 trick gets me a proddate of 5/20, a whopping 3 weeks before my scheduled PCD on 6/13. I guess the PCD is backed up??

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 1
X3_Alaska154.00
      05-06-2024, 02:01 PM   #43
lfdal54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Sitting in both brand new cars at the dealer, with and without the new design ethos, the new design ethos car just felt cheap inside. Both cars approaching £100k price bracket.

I want a car with practical info displays and physical switches, not a tablet with wheels.

If BMW are aiming for a cheap and bland look, they nailed it ��
I. Can. Not. Make. Myself. Like. That. Aesthetic. Period.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2024, 02:40 PM   #44
Zags85
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastLG View Post
Today's the day! First day of "Production Begins". F12 trick gets me a proddate of 5/20, a whopping 3 weeks before my scheduled PCD on 6/13. I guess the PCD is backed up??
We're on the same schedule it looks like. I didn't have a VIN this morning when I talked to the Genius but do now and F12 has me with a 5/20 date.
Appreciate 0