BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-29-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
patyoung
Rep
Drives: GL350

ACC Stop and Go and Auto Brake

I have been trying to find out if adding this along with drivers assistance plus will allow the car to automatically apply the brakes if it detects a collision (when you are NOT using the cruise control). On my Mercedes Benz GL350, this same adaptive cruise control also added the automated braking, so it seems to make sense that this would be true with the BMW, but I can't find a definitive answer anywhere. My dealer indicated that it will not apply brakes regardless of the package, but he has been wrong about all kinds of things with the car, so I won't count on that.

I also noticed an interesting line in the brochure that says "City Collision Mitigation can actively help prevent or reduce the severity of collisions by actively applying or priming the brakes".
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 11:05 PM   #2
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

If I remember only at slow speeds in traffic' the full version I believe is in the X5. Don't have drivers assist so someone else can confirm.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 10:44 AM   #3
woodchuck1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 X-drive 35i

I think Mercedes is ahead of BMW when it comes to some of these systems. What they have comes close to a self driving car, with lane detection that will steer the car to keep it in its lane, and braking to avoid the car ahead.
Appreciate 0