BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-09-2014, 04:36 PM   #23
mge92
SPEED RACER
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50d BMW M2 CS

I am going to post another video once I get an external microphone for my go pro because it did not do justice. It does have a deeper tone and when you floor it, it sounds way better than before. I definitely noticed less hesitation at lower rpms than before and feels ever so slightly more powerful. I guess a way I could sum it up is, it allows the engine to breathe better allowing for a much more linear power delivery. The dual exhaust definitely suits the car. I am waiting for the dinantronic tune which should suit the exhaust. In terms of a deeper growl it should develop more as I wear in the exhaust.

Last edited by mge92; 12-09-2014 at 11:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 09:23 AM   #24
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by mge.92 View Post
I am going to post another video once I get an external microphone for my go pro because it did not do justice. It does have a deeper tone and when you floor it, it sounds way better than before. I definitely noticed less hesitation at lower rpms than before and feels ever so slightly more powerful. I guess a way I could sum it up is, it allows the engine to breathe better allowing for a much more linear power delivery. The dual exhaust definitely suits the car. I am waiting for the dinantronic tune which should suit the exhaust. In terms of a deeper growl it should develop more as I wear in the exhaust.
Hi did you get the mic? Seriously considering did you also compare with other exhausts?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 12:44 PM   #25
mge92
SPEED RACER
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah I did but it arrived after I left for Christmas, will do a recording once I am back home with my car. It should also include the dinan tune which I am getting installed once I am back state side.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 04:26 PM   #26
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I did but it arrived after I left for Christmas, will do a recording once I am back home with my car. It should also include the dinan tune which I am getting installed once I am back state side.
Dinan look forward to hearing your experience. On exhaust did you compare to other manufacturers?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 08:47 PM   #27
mge92
SPEED RACER
United Kingdom
Rep

Unfortunately there is no other manufacturers for the n20 engine apart for supersprint. For the 35i with the n55 engine there is a remus exhaust as well as a supersprint and if you can get hold of hartage they produce an exhaust as well. Unless you go the custom route or get standard universal mufflers and do a custom install from my research there was only one manufacturer for my car which was supersprint. It also depends what sort of sound you want from the exhaust. I was looking for something a bit louder and meatier than stock but not something as loud as a muffler delete. If you want something really loud I would recommend doing a custom straight pipe for your muffler.

Last edited by mge92; 12-31-2014 at 08:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 01:42 AM   #28
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately there is no other manufacturers for the n20 engine apart for supersprint. For the 35i with the n55 engine there is a remus exhaust as well as a supersprint and if you can get hold of hartage they produce an exhaust as well. Unless you go the custom route or get standard universal mufflers and do a custom install from my research there was only one manufacturer for my car which was supersprint. It also depends what sort of sound you want from the exhaust. I was looking for something a bit louder and meatier than stock but not something as loud as a muffler delete. If you want something really loud I would recommend doing a custom straight pipe for your muffler.
Thanks was checking their site for the N20 no Performance gains only for the 35i.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2015, 11:55 AM   #29
gc3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 x35i

Still searching the interwebz for a quad exhaust mod for the n55 35i...

Excluservice did a good job on that 28i....
      01-02-2015, 06:49 AM   #30
woodchuck1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 X-drive 35i

If you have the fake engine sound through the speakers and you replace the muffler, won't you still be hearing the fake sound through the speakers? Or can you turn that feature off?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 06:58 AM   #31
Bimar
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck1 View Post
If you have the fake engine sound through the speakers and you replace the muffler, won't you still be hearing the fake sound through the speakers? Or can you turn that feature off?
No fake sound in the X3/4 speakers.
Appreciate 0