BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
DDS2015
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Garage List
2021 BMW X3  [0.00]
2023 BMW M4  [0.00]
F25 X3 or wait for F30?

I know that the "get E90 now or wait for F30" thread has been beaten to death, but this is a new spin and I need some real advice.

I currently drive a 2006 Nissan Xterra with about just under 90,000 km on the clock (56,000 miles). It's starting to give me some real headaches and I always told myself that i'd keep it so long as it runs and isn't going to be a pain in the a**. It's being a PITA.

So I come to you guys asking for advice. The E90 is out because I want to custom order my car and I wouldn't have enough time to do that with the E90. So that brings me to where I am now. Do I wait and custom order an F30 sedan, or do I order an F25 X3 now (well, in 2 months I'd order it).

I know that the two are totally different vehicles, and frankly I don't want to be in such a big car anymore. I got the Xterra when I was 17 and it was a PITA since day 1. It was basically the only thing on the market that I liked when I bought it. It is totally paid off and is mine, but I'm done with it. BMW is the only thing I'll buy. My mom suggested that I get a cheap piece car for the next 4 years (until I graduate) and get something new then, but it would cost me the same amount of money to do that. Also, my dad will only let me get a BMW, since he got his last year he absolutely loves them and won't get anything different.

I do prefer being in an SUV, but I LOVE driving his E92. Also, price of gas is a bit of a concern (but anything is better on gas than my Xterra). So I have a dilemma. I was very set on buying an F30 next fall when I could get one with xdrive, but this new set of developments has me rethinking that. Also, when I do graduate I'm going to get an M car (either M2 or M4) but would still keep whatever I buy as my DD.

HELP!!! I don't know what to do! What should I buy?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 11:46 PM   #2
roundle
EXPAT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 VW GTI;18 CX9;11 E91 N52

Why not get a CPO E92 now, then, in four years, go pimping with your graduation money.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2011, 12:47 AM   #3
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five

Garage List
2007 BMW  [7.00]
the new x3 is great after reading some reviews. it looks great in person, a much better small SUV, something that is modern and wont get out dated for awhile. it also has LED angel eyes and available n54 with X drive. Awesome new little truck. and if your waiting for an f30 it will be awhile.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #4
DDS2015
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Garage List
2021 BMW X3  [0.00]
2023 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundle View Post
Why not get a CPO E92 now, then, in four years, go pimping with your graduation money.
I was thinking about going that route (only for an E90) but it still comes down to I don't want to get a car when I know for a fact that the new ones are coming out within a year. I was going to buy my sister's E92 from her because she's trading it in, but it doesn't have lumbar support or sport seats, so I thought about it and said thanks but no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post
the new x3 is great after reading some reviews. it looks great in person, a much better small SUV, something that is modern and wont get out dated for awhile. it also has LED angel eyes and available n54 with X drive. Awesome new little truck. and if your waiting for an f30 it will be awhile.
I know, and I was thinking that the panoramic moonroof would be really nice as my current vehicle doesn't have one. F30 should be available by next fall. Also, X3 uses N55 not N54. Love the LED angel eyes. I've been thinking about this constantly since yesterday and I actually saw an M-sport X3 for the first time a couple days ago and it was really nice looking. I think that that's what I'm going to do.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #5
kozzi
Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS2015 View Post
Also, when I do graduate I'm going to get an M car (either M2 or M4) but would still keep whatever I buy as my DD.
Get the F25 now. In 4 years, when you get your M car, you will have that plus a DD that will still look fresh.

2021 BMW X3MC
Donington Grey Metallic / Sakhir Orange & Black Extended Merino Leather / Aluminum Carbon Structure
Appreciate 0