BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-25-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
echo19
Rep
Drives: want a new x5

2015 X3 Ordering Guide

:respec t:Here guys.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 2015 BMW X3 (F25) Rel 2014-02-11 - PricingGuide_Retail.pdf (132.8 KB, 2052 views)

Last edited by echo19; 02-25-2014 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #2
echo19
Rep
Drives: want a new x5

No 20 inch Msport wheels on the diesel
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 05:19 PM   #3
czarmar
Private
Rep
Drives: 1999 323i

I hope 6NS - Smartphone integration remains part of the ZTP, although not shown as part. 2014 X3 ZTP includes 6NS for the same price, and it seems odd that it would be a stand alone option when seemingly obvious part of ZTP. Otherwise, the ZTP basically only adds the HUD to the regular navigation option.

I noticed that they did bump the price of the X3 $200 more than initial reports. The M Sport package comes down in price $300, although some might say the pre-LCI M Sport package looks better than LCI M Sport. The M Sport Package comes with seemingly new restrictions, in that it obligates you to get ZDA Driver's Assist 1 and leather, but oddly you cannot get ZMM with cold weather and driver's assist 2?

1999 323i with 292K miles
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 05:55 PM   #4
BugsBunny
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 3.5i, 2022 Macan S

6NS (Enhanced USB and Bluetooth plus Smartphone integration) is shown as a separated option. Does anyone knows what it does, in details ?

And are these functions dependant on your smartphone model (e.g I have iPhone 4S).

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 03:46 PM   #5
JasonX4MComp
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsBunny View Post
6NS (Enhanced USB and Bluetooth plus Smartphone integration) is shown as a separated option. Does anyone knows what it does, in details ?

And are these functions dependant on your smartphone model (e.g I have iPhone 4S).

Thanks.
6NS will add a secondary microphone, mobile office, 2nd phone via Bluetooth, and Message Dictation (extra cost of $30.95 annually). Full functionality for mobile office and message dictation will depend on your phone.

Bluetooth Audio streaming will now be standard
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 09:07 PM   #6
Sp82
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5/G30 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason335iMsport
Quote:

Thanks.
6NS will add a secondary microphone, mobile office, 2nd phone via Bluetooth, and Message Dictation (extra cost of $30.95 annually). Full functionality for mobile office and message dictation will depend on your phone.

Bluetooth Audio streaming will now be standard
Bluetooth audio streaming is now standard? Are you sure about this? So I can play songs from my playlist directly in the car through the idrive without using any cables??
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #7
BugsBunny
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason335iMsport View Post
mobile office, ... Full functionality for mobile office and message dictation will depend on your phone.
Thanks Jason. What is mobile office ? sorry for my ignorance.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 08:40 AM   #8
JasonX4MComp
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp82 View Post
Bluetooth audio streaming is now standard? Are you sure about this? So I can play songs from my playlist directly in the car through the idrive without using any cables??
Yes it is. It is starting with MY15 production in March/April and will eventually be introduced across the entire line up.

Quote:
Thanks Jason. What is mobile office ? sorry for my ignorance.
It allows you to access your email, text messages, calendar entries, and tasks, which can be read through the audio system. Mobile Office requires Navigation and your phone must be compatible for those features to work.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 08:43 AM   #9
Sp82
Colonel
Rep

^ that is freaking great!! damn it...my 435 missed out on this! :angry:
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 11:02 AM   #10
BugsBunny
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Mobile Office requires Navigation and your phone must be compatible for those features to work.
OK thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I don't intend to order Nav.... And mmmh actually 6NS is a standalone option not requiring Nav. Why would Mobile Office be linked to Nav ? Marketing or technical issue ?
(once you feed mw with ammos, I will get back to my SA ).
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #11
JasonX4MComp
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp82 View Post
^ that is freaking great!! damn it...my 435 missed out on this! :angry:
No you're fine. It is for MY15 production starting in March/April
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 11:34 AM   #12
JasonX4MComp
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OK thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I don't intend to order Nav.... And mmmh actually 6NS is a standalone option not requiring Nav. Why would Mobile Office be linked to Nav ? Marketing or technical issue ?
(once you feed mw with ammos, I will get back to my SA ).
I have no idea why but it is probably some technical reason
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #13
Sp82
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
No you're fine. It is for MY15 production starting in March/April

unfortuneatly i took delivery in Nov. Oct 2013 build.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 08:46 AM   #14
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Anyone in the states getting the Diesel ?

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 09:50 AM   #15
Naz24
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: W205 AMG C63 / E70 X5M

I hate that since I'm in the northeast, my 19s came unstaggered, with those skinny rear tires!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 01:06 PM   #16
BookemDano
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi A4

xLine Package Seats?

A key issue for me is the xLine package (“ZXD”) and what it contains. The pics on the web appear to show xLine-specific seats, but there is no mention of them in the 2015 X3 pricing guide.

Also, one of the components of the ZXD xLine package is the “7HW” line item, but I can’t find any information on that line item. Anyone know that “7HW” is?

Thanks,

Dan.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #17
terry
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Convert Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookemDano View Post
A key issue for me is the xLine package (“ZXD”) and what it contains. The pics on the web appear to show xLine-specific seats, but there is no mention of them in the 2015 X3 pricing guide.

Also, one of the components of the ZXD xLine package is the “7HW” line item, but I can’t find any information on that line item. Anyone know that “7HW” is?

Thanks,

Dan.
To me 7HW is the XLine, meaning the exterior additional trims (in front air intake, roof rail, below door). Only Nevada White, Black and Moccha have the special stamping on the seats. Other colors don't. You can go to BMW.com and configure the new X3, you'll see it. Cheers!

E93 M3 Jerez Black / Bamboo Beige / Dinan P1 Performance Package
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 10:21 PM   #18
BookemDano
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry View Post
To me 7HW is the XLine, meaning the exterior additional trims (in front air intake, roof rail, below door). Only Nevada White, Black and Moccha have the special stamping on the seats. Other colors don't. You can go to BMW.com and configure the new X3, you'll see it. Cheers!
I don't know what 7HW means, but I just got feedback from my BMW sales rep saying that the xLine package DOES include the sport seats! FINALLY!!! The xLine will be a hot seller.

Dan.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 11:57 AM   #19
Mr Mech
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 x35i Alpine/Black

Quote:
I don't know what 7HW means, but I just got feedback from my BMW sales rep saying that the xLine package DOES include the sport seats! FINALLY!!! The xLine will be a hot seller.

Dan.
Where did you sales rep get that info on the seats? I just got off the phone with mine and he confirmed that only M-sport has sport seats. I would totally order x-line if I can get the seats, but I can't get any firm answer either way.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 02:43 PM   #20
BookemDano
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mech View Post
Where did you sales rep get that info on the seats? I just got off the phone with mine and he confirmed that only M-sport has sport seats. I would totally order x-line if I can get the seats, but I can't get any firm answer either way.
The sales rep talked to his ordering manager.

The x-line is very poorly documented in general and the promo literature says nothing about the seats. According to the ordering guide, all you get is 19" wheels and tires, and some interior trim. Nothing about exterior trim or seats. I don't really want the 19" wheels, but I'll take them if necessary. Based on what's in the ordering guide, the xLine package is NOT worth $1,500. If the sport seats and exterior trim shown in the pics are included, then the xLine pkg is well worth the money (IMO).

Regardless of what the ordering guide says, if you look at interior pics of an x-line X3, you can clearly see that those are NOT the same seats as the base model. OTOH, it's not 100% clear that the x-line seats and the M-Sport seats are EXACTLY the same.

As another "interesting" example, ZDH "Dynamic Handling Package" has a lower price when combined with the "ZMP". Great! Except of course, there is no "ZMP" package listed.

Right now, I'm pondering two options:

1) Wait until the new x-line X3's hit the dealer lots so I can check them out thoroughly, or

2) Order one with an addendum attached to the contract stating that the x-line seats are EXACTLY the same as the M-Sport seats, and if not, the order is void and all monies paid to dealer for the order will be refunded.

Given that BMW and the dealers can't seem to have their act together, option 1 seem like the more prudent one. Their ordering documentation is poor and I had to push the sales rep just to get him to check it out. Not fun.

While I like the X3, I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about the BMW company.

Regards,

Dan.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 04:00 PM   #21
Mr Mech
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 x35i Alpine/Black

Quote:
The sales rep talked to his ordering manager.

The x-line is very poorly documented in general and the promo literature says nothing about the seats. According to the ordering guide, all you get is 19" wheels and tires, and some interior trim. Nothing about exterior trim or seats. I don't really want the 19" wheels, but I'll take them if necessary. Based on what's in the ordering guide, the xLine package is NOT worth $1,500. If the sport seats and exterior trim shown in the pics are included, then the xLine pkg is well worth the money (IMO).

Regardless of what the ordering guide says, if you look at interior pics of an x-line X3, you can clearly see that those are NOT the same seats as the base model. OTOH, it's not 100% clear that the x-line seats and the M-Sport seats are EXACTLY the same.

As another "interesting" example, ZDH "Dynamic Handling Package" has a lower price when combined with the "ZMP". Great! Except of course, there is no "ZMP" package listed.

Right now, I'm pondering two options:

1) Wait until the new x-line X3's hit the dealer lots so I can check them out thoroughly, or

2) Order one with an addendum attached to the contract stating that the x-line seats are EXACTLY the same as the M-Sport seats, and if not, the order is void and all monies paid to dealer for the order will be refunded.

Given that BMW and the dealers can't seem to have their act together, option 1 seem like the more prudent one. Their ordering documentation is poor and I had to push the sales rep just to get him to check it out. Not fun.

While I like the X3, I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about the BMW company.

Regards,

Dan.
Strange, I just had my sales rep confirm with the ordering manager and the word is that the sport seats are confirmed NOT in the xline. I don't get it.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 04:25 PM   #22
terry
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Convert Jerez Black

Garage List
Nowhere it says that the XLine has the sports seats. The only thing I've seen is that (with only specific colors) you have the stamping on the seats. As shown on the configurator on bmw.com.

E93 M3 Jerez Black / Bamboo Beige / Dinan P1 Performance Package
Appreciate 0