BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Remote App Capabilities

I have the remote app working from my iPad/iPhone. I only have the capability to flash dip beam headlamps, locate the car, set up the preconditioning, send the results of a local search to the sat nav and lock/unlock the car doors. I would like the possibility of sounding the horn since using the flash headlamps function isn't much use in daylight when trying to find my car in an airport car park!

Can this be coded? (I have seen a remote horn function in an ECU somewhere which is already active...)
      10-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by saggo
I have the remote app working from my iPad/iPhone. I only have the capability to flash dip beam headlamps, locate the car, set up the preconditioning, send the results of a local search to the sat nav and lock/unlock the car doors. I would like the possibility of sounding the horn since using the flash headlamps function isn't much use in daylight when trying to find my car in an airport car park!

Can this be coded? (I have seen a remote horn function in an ECU somewhere which is already active...)
It's a restriction on the app not the car. I had the first version of the app and could make the car beep its horn. The option was removed in a new app version - refer to the main thread for a history

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

And wouldn't locate my car GPS be a better option in an airport car park?

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
daninny
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Cayman S

Maybe you're talking about a different app, but I have an iPhone app that allows me to honk the horn remotely (I just tested it and it still works). I can also flash headlights and remotely lock and unlock the car. It also has a position function.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daninny View Post
Maybe you're talking about a different app, but I have an iPhone app that allows me to honk the horn remotely (I just tested it and it still works). I can also flash headlights and remotely lock and unlock the car. It also has a position function.
It's the same app but the honk the horn option was taken off in the UK during an update. Probably some legal thing. Our remote ventilation function works though whereas I think this is missing in NA.

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #6
daninny
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
It's the same app but the honk the horn option was taken off in the UK during an update. Probably some legal thing. Our remote ventilation function works though whereas I think this is missing in NA.
I see. You're right. We don't have the remote ventilation.
Appreciate 0