BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
His and Hers
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3

Smile Just Ordered - Performance Pick Up in October

Hi! I am new to the F25 site but my husband has an E90 so I'm familiar with the site. I just ordered my first BMW last night and I'm so excited! We are doing the performance center pick up a the end of October. Has anyone been their lately? What is it like? We went 5 years ago when we picked up the 335. This is how I feel today . . .
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
jsbos
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 28i

I was there in May, did the factory tour and driving at the performance center. Had a fantastic time. Didn't sleep the night before or after. I've been driving BMW's for 25 years so I'm a crazed fan. And I love my new X3. Congrats and have a great time in October!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
3Bimmer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Congrats on the new order. Waiting is the hardest part, but it is certainly worth it!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
tango131
Private
Rep
Drives: Boxster S; 2013 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by His and Hers View Post
Hi! I am new to the F25 site but my husband has an E90 so I'm familiar with the site. I just ordered my first BMW last night and I'm so excited! We are doing the performance center pick up a the end of October. Has anyone been their lately? What is it like? We went 5 years ago when we picked up the 335. This is how I feel today . . .
congrats on the order. post details and pics. look here for my cliff notes (or not so cliff notes ) review of the PC delivery experience. http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721329

2010 Porsche Boxster S (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
His and Hers
Registered
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango131 View Post
congrats on the order. post details and pics. look here for my cliff notes (or not so cliff notes ) review of the PC delivery experience. http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721329
Tango, Thanks so much for responding! After reading your other post, I am more excited than ever. I do have a question, we were not going to get the Dynamic Handling, but now I am questioning it. I am coming from another small/mid SUV, so I am used to SUV type of handling. Have you had the chance to drive a X3 w/o the package? If so, what setting would you compare that ride to in the DHP? Comfort? I would guess?
Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #6
gferguson
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by His and Hers View Post
My wife and I picked up an X35 there last Thursday. Great experience. Picked us up at the airport in a GT, and BMW paid for a night at the Marriott plus dinner and breakfast the next morning. The next morning we were transported to the performance center and started with some classroom instruction, then into an X35 (not ours) for some slalom course driving, ABS brake testing, wet skid pad course in a 335, then some hot laps in an M3 with an instructor driving. We then went to the offroad course, and took a tour of the factory, which was amazing. Lunch was also served, and after lunch we took delivery of our vehicle. Took about 2 hours for the technician to go over all apects of the car. I think you will find it a thouroughly enjoyable experience.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
sbpwjm
United_States
Rep
Drives: 88 Carrera

Congrats!

What did you order?

How did you do on price?

My wife and I (in NJ) are closing in on making an order....
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #8
gferguson
Rep
Drives: X3

X35. Deep sea blue met w/oyster int, heated seats, prem and tech pkgs. Comparable to a Q5 on price but X35 has more performance and the 4 years of maintenance included. Dealer threw in cargo liner and all weather mats.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #9
Marathon Man
Enlisted Member
Rep

We did the PCD last Thursday and really enjoyed it. I won't repeat the details but it was fun. The museum was nothing great but the gift shop there had some nice items.

I have to comment on the food at the Marriott. I normally avoid eating at hotels, but this one is exceptional. The dinner BMW covers is from a set menu, but both salad choices were very good. You can choose between 6 entrees, and they all sounded good. My wife and I both enjoyed what we picked - she said it was the best chicken she has ever had, and my shrimp and grits were delicious. Dessert is also included. Breakfast is a very nice buffet with everything you could want.

We stayed an extra night and got the BMW rate. It was a great value and also included breakfast for the second morning. Downtown Greenville was very nice, with the waterfall park and lots of restaurants. On Thursday night they close off part of Main Street and have live music. I'm glad we stayed over instead of just hitting the road from the PCD.
Appreciate 0