BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-09-2019, 07:44 AM   #1
JeromeyS
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 xDrive28d

X3 28d cold weather

Hi, we’re looking at purchasing a ‘15 X3 28d to replace our aging TDI Jetta. My wife’s main complaint is that it takes forever to get warm in winter, below -25C forget it. Do these warm up decently in winter? How about starting as they do not have coolant heaters.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 04:58 PM   #2
Eaglesview
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 28d

I have a 2015 X3 28d since new now with 85,000 km on Vancouver Sland. Mostly rural type driving. Had the DPF filter replaced under warranty with I was told an upgraded version. I was told if used in city stop and go or construction slow type driving be sure to take it on a good highway run to cleanup the DPF filter.

I do my best to avoid city driving. Typical trip is 25 km at 80 to 100 km/hr. When new had it in -25C and it started fin and once warmed up heater was fine. Love the way the vehicle drives and trans/engine match. Run flats are gone never to be used again.

My advice the is a poor choice for an urban shopping car.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 07:12 AM   #3
JeromeyS
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 xDrive28d

Thanks Eaglesview. We live 15 miles outside the city so it will get a good run every time we drive it. We’ve driven a ton of different vehicles over the past few days and when we got back into this one yesterday my wife knew right away that this was the one.
Appreciate 0