BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-05-2014, 06:02 AM   #111
Giorgio-GR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 116i M Sport

Designer eye

Hallo everyone,

I am car designer and I don't work neither for Porsche or Bmw. So I will try to be objective. The Porsche seems to be better in proportions but if you take a better look you will see that is a bit "old"... The front for making it modern is full of lights and useless details and the back is too "empty"... The side is really well balanced but is nothing else than a Q5... The X4 has a much more modern and attractive back and the side is also well balanced especially introducing the new design language on the back wheel arches.. The front could be much better (especially the M version that for me is horrible) and much more aggressive (like the olds X5/6) than the X3. For the interior Porsche is a step forward because of its clean design but is less practical because of all these buttons! The X4 has the X3 interior (mistake for me) but that doesn't make it ugly because is much more practical than the Macan.. About the driving pleasure... A Porsche is always a Porsche BUT Macan is an Audi with Porsche dress... I drove the Macan S and I have to say that is really good on the road but after a while becomes uncomfortable because of its small interior space (and I am only 1.75cm tall). I also drove the X4 28i and I have to say that except of the acceleration (that was pretty good for a 2.0l engine), also the handling was amazing (I drove the model with the adaptive suspension [hope to say it right]) and the steering wheel was much better from the Macan. The X drive of Bmw is by far the best AWD of the market and also the automatic gearbox. Conclusion:
The BMW X4 28i would be the ideal buy for me because it gives you great performance, lotttt of optionals and an attractive car (because of its strange shape) in a very reasonable price and with no crazy taxes like the Porsche. I did configure the Macan S and the X4 28i and I arrived at a difference of 14.000€!!!!!! Without considering the consumptions and the service costs of the cars.

Have a great day!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 11:21 AM   #112
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: A Number 4

I was wondering, how many people will change their mind once bmw will release the MPPK for the x4 35i. I first thought the power output was only of 322hp vs 306hp genuine. But by searching on the net, I noticed that now BMW make 340hp from the N55 engine.

Autobild wrote in their article:
Porsche Macam S 340hp 5.4 sec 0 to 100 km/h
BMW X4 35i 306hp 5.5 sec 0 to 100 km/h

With the addition of the BMW MPPK on the 35i, the Macam S should become less interesting.

I tried to find on internet without success. Does anyone knows if the CO2 value change with the MPPK that develops 250kw? I saw that with the previous version that developed 240kw, it did not change the CO2 value of the original N55 engine.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 02:24 AM   #113
omidgh
Registered
Rep
Drives: x1

I need active selling point for 4 series please help me
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 12:06 PM   #114
pr0gi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 40i, X3 M40i

I dont find it ugly as most of the people here. In fact saw it in person and it is actually very good looking imo
[u2b]
[/u2b]
      02-06-2015, 12:07 PM   #115
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

saw a Black Macan S last night at my fitness center, it was sparkling clean (odd since the Chicago area just got 18" of snow and there is salt everywhere). nice to see it clean so I could get a good look at it, wasn't that impressed, sure it looks good and better than most small SUVs but I was expecting more, I would easily take a SQ5 over it (or the Q5 Diesel) and to me there is no way its worth the extra $$$ over the X4 (especially if leasing, the X4 35i is much cheaper!).

as many have said the only thing holding me back from buying the X4 is the damn interior, having a X3 right now I was hoping for something a bit more updated since the X4 just came out, something closer to the 3/4 series interior, maybe for the next remodel in 2017 (although the X4 might be 2018/2019)
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 11:57 PM   #116
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
saw a Black Macan S last night at my fitness center, it was sparkling clean (odd since the Chicago area just got 18" of snow and there is salt everywhere). nice to see it clean so I could get a good look at it, wasn't that impressed, sure it looks good and better than most small SUVs but I was expecting more, I would easily take a SQ5 over it (or the Q5 Diesel) and to me there is no way its worth the extra $$$ over the X4 (especially if leasing, the X4 35i is much cheaper!).

as many have said the only thing holding me back from buying the X4 is the damn interior, having a X3 right now I was hoping for something a bit more updated since the X4 just came out, something closer to the 3/4 series interior, maybe for the next remodel in 2017 (although the X4 might be 2018/2019)
It mAkes up for the interior on the exterior, looks awesome, the few interior upgrades, help too.
Appreciate 0