BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-09-2011, 08:09 AM   #1
335dxd
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: F31 335d Msport

UK X3 orders info from from dealer

Just been phoned by my BMW dealer to say my F11 5er touring has been built and awaiting shipping (2 weeks earlier than anticipated)

Anyhow we got onto the subject of the new X3 and the 7-9 month wait for UK/european buyers.

He said this was completley unacceptable and that in his words "BMW UK are really pissed off with this as the X3 sales are flying and being hampered by this delay and that the word on the street is that the plant in Spartanburg is going to go to extra shifts to cope with the demand"...

Now take what he says with a pinch of salt as obviously not gospel but could be good news for those frustratingly waiting for their new X3s
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
thefreeze
Hans
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 2.0D

According to a review in a local car magazine BMW Holland expected to sell 800 per year in this market. Sales figure for January is 35. That's half of the forecast.

Good news is that I get a unique car, one of the reasons why I preferred the X3 over some other cars (cloud, silver lining...)
X3 20D auto High Executive. Moonroof, privacy glass, sport seats, professional audio & sat nav, 19" 309 wheels summer, 18" 307 winter, X-Line, Xenon, parking heater. Mineral Silver / Oyster leather interior, wave trim. V70 2.5T (private)
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #3
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefreeze View Post
According to a review in a local car magazine BMW Holland expected to sell 800 per year in this market. Sales figure for January is 35. That's half of the forecast.

Good news is that I get a unique car, one of the reasons why I preferred the X3 over some other cars (cloud, silver lining...)
+1 for unique. I'm still yet to see another F25 X3 on the road!

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
DJ Daddy-O
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMX X3 F25 2011

Brand new to the forum today. Seem to have lost my very first post somewhere in space so apologies if this appears twice.

I have been very lucky. First looked into an X3 in December and quoted a March delivery. Finally got things sorted in mid Feb by which time delivery pushed to september.

Butanaged to secure the one in the dealership for April.

Can't wait. Loads of goodies on it. Thanks to all the committed contributors. You really helped me make my decision.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
MA78
TK-421
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:

Can you guys order them in orange?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #6
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Daddy-O View Post
Brand new to the forum today. Seem to have lost my very first post somewhere in space so apologies if this appears twice.

I have been very lucky. First looked into an X3 in December and quoted a March delivery. Finally got things sorted in mid Feb by which time delivery pushed to september.

Butanaged to secure the one in the dealership for April.

Can't wait. Loads of goodies on it. Thanks to all the committed contributors. You really helped me make my decision.
Welcome to the forum and congratulations! That's a great effort on the showroom purchase. What colour / spec did you bag?

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #7
DJ Daddy-O
Private First Class
Rep

Colour is space grey and spec is business media, DAB, sport seats, heated seats, folding mirrors, xenon headlights, X line.

Biggest debate in my own mind was VDC and this is where the forum came in. I am sticking with standard alloys as this is primarily a family- mobile didn't want to harden the ride. Even without VDC the car I tested ( on standard alloys) has a ride streets ahead of my C class.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #8
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Welcome DJ

Result on your purchase

As im sure you are aware photos are a must

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 11:38 AM   #9
X5plug-in
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Welcome DJ. Another C class convert like myself. Will be interested in your feedback as my spec is similar to yours in places but you will have yours in time for me to make changes based on tour advice! No pressure then!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #10
DJ Daddy-O
Private First Class
Rep

Will certainly share my thoughts.

Is it sad that I keep having a sneaky drive past the showroom to take a peek at my baby ?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #11
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Colour is space grey and spec is business media, DAB, sport seats, heated seats, folding mirrors, xenon headlights, X line.

Biggest debate in my own mind was VDC and this is where the forum came in. I am sticking with standard alloys as this is primarily a family- mobile didn't want to harden the ride. Even without VDC the car I tested ( on standard alloys) has a ride streets ahead of my C class.
Very nice. Will look forward to seeing some pictures. Sounds like you have made a good decision re. ride and the family. I was more selfish!

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #12
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Will certainly share my thoughts.

Is it sad that I keep having a sneaky drive past the showroom to take a peek at my baby ?
We've all been there. I spent weeks looking at maps of the Atlantic Ocean tracking mine across the Atlantic!

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 12:25 PM   #13
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
We've all been there. I spent weeks looking at maps of the Atlantic Ocean tracking mine across the Atlantic!
Will chase up my VIN number tomorrow, so you can check mine out

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #14
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Will chase up my VIN number tomorrow, so you can check mine out
haha, do that. Only a few weeks to go.....

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #15
Toetag NYC
Registered
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: bike and tram

Quote:

Hi All,
First post here after lurking for 2 months.
Thanks to all your postings, the dealer said I knew more about the car than he did.

Dropped the down payment for an X3 20d 2 days ago. Was told to expect delivery late October 2011, with this 8-month-waiting business being the norm for Holland.
The dealer also mentioned that BMW Holland was trying to "take over" the allocations set for other European countries that are currently going through hard times (e.g. Greece, Portugal) to cope with their orders.

I dunno. but this doesn't sound like sales for the X3 in NL are hurting at all.
For my sanity's sake, I do hope you are right and I'll get to see this beauty before the fall.
You're right about the car being unique though..2 months since this obsession started and I have yet to see a 2011 model on the road (living near The Hague).
If you're driving down the street and you see a man perk up like a beagle smelling bacon staring at you...that's me.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #16
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
That's the one in Leeds, methinks. If it is you have the pleasure of knowing that my son farted in your car

The good news is that I don't think that car has ever been outside of the showroom. It's stood in the window for the last 2 months (goodness knows I've been in to drool enough times).
      03-09-2011, 03:17 PM   #17
DJ Daddy-O
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLittleUnit View Post
Quote:
That's the one in Leeds, methinks. If it is you have the pleasure of knowing that my son farted in your car

The good news is that I don't think that car has ever been outside of the showroom. It's stood in the window for the last 2 months (goodness knows I've been in to drool enough times).
Thank your son for starting to break in my new car.

You're right. It has been there since the new year and it has never been outside. They have moved it to a discreet part for the time being but BMW have insisted they keep one in the showroom so they cant release it yet. They are being very honourable about this because I know some other local dealerships have already shipped out their dealership vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #18
thefreeze
Hans
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA78 View Post
Can you guys order them in orange?
not for us humble people, only the Queen can order orange!
X3 20D auto High Executive. Moonroof, privacy glass, sport seats, professional audio & sat nav, 19" 309 wheels summer, 18" 307 winter, X-Line, Xenon, parking heater. Mineral Silver / Oyster leather interior, wave trim. V70 2.5T (private)
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #19
tank531
Deckhand
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 2.0D SE xDrive (Sep 11)

As a new member I too have been reading the delivery related posts searching for queue jumping clues. My order, placed 3 weeks ago, is pencilled in for Sep (11) but I dont expect any dealer favours, such a taking over a ghost customer order, as I negotiated 2K discount from a distant dealer. Like others I have changed the spec, twice already but now need to move on and forget the order for a few weeks.......
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #20
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank531 View Post
now need to move on and forget the order for a few weeks.......
Easier said than done!

I'm playing that game with only a couple of weeks to go

Welcome and enjoy the JOY of a long wait

Is it Sytner in Cov?

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #21
MA78
TK-421
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
not for us humble people, only the Queen can order orange!
That's a damn shame. Can't wait to visit your lovely country again. Spent a few weeks there while I was going to school in Paris for a year back in 1999. You Dutch are some of the nicest people on the planet. I even cheered for you during the World Cup!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #22
roders
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0D MSport F25

How are the lead times so long for the UK/Europe? I though they generally have the best lead times as BMW is based from Germany (even though these are built in the US).
I had initial deposit for my 3.0D with BMW here in Australia since March last year. Got a build slot allocated for 1st week April with Delivery to Australia in June......
Appreciate 0