BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-26-2011, 07:39 AM   #1
ovrdriv
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i -Space Gray

Production Video

X3 35i should arrive at dealler today, I should have it by Monday or Tuesday, can't wait. Coming out of a 2008 Q7 and almost bought 2011 Q5...until I found out about the X3. So glad I waited.

So far no production video, Anyone know when it is able to be seen. Am I getting excited about nothing more the a canned production video of the color I chose, Space Gray?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
loatron
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F25 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrdriv View Post
X3 35i should arrive at dealler today, I should have it by Monday or Tuesday, can't wait. Coming out of a 2008 Q7 and almost bought 2011 Q5...until I found out about the X3. So glad I waited.

So far no production video, Anyone know when it is able to be seen. Am I getting excited about nothing more the a canned production video of the color I chose, Space Gray?

Thanks
I think you have reason to be excited, it's YOUR car! I'm waiting for my video as well. Production finished on the 24th and my dealer is expecting it early next week, still no video.

Can anyone confirm that the video only shows up after you've received an email from BMW? As in, should I stop checking the Digital Library every hour? Anyone receive their production video on a weekend?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
MA78
TK-421
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

You WILL get an email when it is ready. Production videos are for US customers only. Dont know why.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
EmCityXFan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i, Vermillion Red

I received my video this morning, after the production status changed to "At Preparation Center." I have to say that my video was very disappointing - of the 6 cameras on the production line, only two were working (installation of the windshield, and loading into the tilt carrier). All of the other shots that should have been live were stock footage with the statement, "live cameras temporarily unavailable." A small gripe, considering the real deal will be in my driveway in about 1.5 weeks - but still, a big let down!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
TarHeelFan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA78 View Post
You WILL get an email when it is ready. Production videos are for US customers only. Dont know why.
Ask your BMW guy during your phone call.
Appreciate 0