BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-18-2020, 03:12 PM   #1
TXSAW
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2017 X3 F25

2017 X3 F25 LED Coding

Hey everyone, new here and new to The BMW life, recently purchased a 2017 X3 i28 F25. It's practical

My X3 came with halogen lights, so I've begun switching everything over to LED. All LEDs are working and not throwing warning codes except for the "parking/position" lights. I've tested them and coded them all sequentially and it's the DRLs. I've looked through a bunch of F10/F25 cheat sheets and spent countless hours on the toilet researching forums and cheat sheets but most of them are for a different ECU structure.

Btw, I only have access to Bimmercode, but I think I'll be able to locate the correct parameters within the "expert mode".

Hoping someone can help me out or point me to the appropriate forum or cheat sheet for DRL parameters... Apologies in advance if this is already somewhere, I haven't had any luck finding these parameters for my specific vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 09:48 AM   #2
hypnoime
Rep
Drives: bmw

hi, if you find this please share the post, i have troubles with one of the lights

be well
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 09:53 AM   #3
TXSAW
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2017 X3 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnoime View Post
hi, if you find this please share the post, i have troubles with one of the lights

be well
Instructions are in this thread:

X3 F25 DRL coding https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1759130

Let me know if you have any questions.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 02:39 AM   #4
ALPx3
Private
Rep
Drives: 17 x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSAW View Post
Hey everyone, new here and new to The BMW life, recently purchased a 2017 X3 i28 F25. It's practical

My X3 came with halogen lights, so I've begun switching everything over to LED. All LEDs are working and not throwing warning codes except for the "parking/position" lights. I've tested them and coded them all sequentially and it's the DRLs. I've looked through a bunch of F10/F25 cheat sheets and spent countless hours on the toilet researching forums and cheat sheets but most of them are for a different ECU structure.

Btw, I only have access to Bimmercode, but I think I'll be able to locate the correct parameters within the "expert mode".

Hoping someone can help me out or point me to the appropriate forum or cheat sheet for DRL parameters... Apologies in advance if this is already somewhere, I haven't had any luck finding these parameters for my specific vehicle.
Did you get the ae drl to work?

I’m currently in the process of retrofitting my 17 x3 halogen to oem xenon. I have gotten all the wiring done and my coder was able to recode the frm. He was able to get the low beam xenon and turn signals to work. Having issues activating the ae drl. If you have some info would greatly appreciate it. TIA

Last edited by ALPx3; 10-04-2020 at 02:47 AM..
Appreciate 0