BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-25-2013, 07:18 AM   #1
marblehead
Rep
Drives: 2008 X3 MSport Package

Rear Cargo Cover Application Question!

Greetings again to my fellow X3 owners! 2 weeks after purchasing this WONDERFUL '08 X3 3.0si, I discovered that the rear cargo cover was supposed to be supplied with the car as new. Of course, it was gone from the car but I didn't even know to ask at the time. I was even able to do a previous dealers/owners search from the title and chased down a dealer in TX who actually knew of the cover with the car BEFORE it went to auction. And it was at the auction where the cover apparently disappeared- typical. . .
So, I've been on a quest for a replacement via Ebay because they're pricey from the dealer, pushing $500.00!
Found one on eBay but it's listed application is '11-'13. Anybody know if it'll work with my '08??? The photos supplied in the Ebay listing suggest that it'll work but this may be my optimism speaking. The seller's been astute and kind enough to supply a pic of the manufacturer's tag as follows:

Any thoughts on this application issue would, of course, be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by marblehead; 05-25-2013 at 07:20 AM.. Reason: Photo
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
JimmyTheHand
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3 on order, Porsche Macan

Having had both versions of X3, sorry but I don't think cargo bay cover from F25 will fit on E83 version - but you could try looking on realoem to check if same
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
marblehead
Rep
Drives: 2008 X3 MSport Package

Yea, after a bit of further researching on my part, namely, cross-comparing an identified '08 model with the one offered (different colors), it is clear that the attaching points are dissimilar Darn!
And thank you for your experienced reply, which was most helpful! Any additional thoughts one where I might chase one down in that tan/Sahara color?
Appreciate 0