BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-01-2015, 04:04 PM   #1
Manicureaddict
Rep
Drives: X3

Newbie to the Board X3 ordered!!

Just wanted to introduce myself to the board, I've been lurking for a few weeks, and I've found a lot of useful information here. I placed my order 1/27. Here's what I picked.

X3 xdrive28i
xLine
Alpine White
Black Nevada Leather w/ gray contrast stitching
Fineline Anthracite Wood Trim with PearlGloss Chrome highlight
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Package
Lighting Package
• Adaptive Full LED Lights
Premium Package
Technology Package
Surround View

Very excited! Tomorrow we're going on a tour of the plant, maybe I'll see something that will end up on my car!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2015, 05:04 PM   #2
X3MAN
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3xdrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manicureaddict View Post
Just wanted to introduce myself to the board, I've been lurking for a few weeks, and I've found a lot of useful information here. I placed my order 1/27. Here's what I picked.

X3 xdrive28i
xLine
Alpine White
Cold Weather Package
Lighting Package
Premium Package
Technology Package
Surround View

Very excited! Tomorrow we're going on a tour of the plant, maybe I'll see something that will end up on my car!
Congrats, u will love it
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 12:04 AM   #3
bimmeupscotty
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 xDrive 28i

congrats ! Curious why you chose the $1900 adaptive full led lights over something like a $1400 DHP ? The DHP comes highly recommended throughout the board.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 05:58 AM   #4
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i Touring MSport

Congatulations ! X Line is always nice !

So you are from Greenville !? Than you can pick it up from the plant , so to speak !
When would you get the car delivered ?
      02-03-2015, 10:22 AM   #5
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i GT M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmeupscotty View Post
congrats ! Curious why you chose the $1900 adaptive full led lights over something like a $1400 DHP ? The DHP comes highly recommended throughout the board.
YES THIS GUY JUST SAID THE SMARTEST THING IN THE WORLD, cancel the LEDs immediately and switch to the DHP, you claimed you've been lurking on the boards but yet you go against the majority? i don't get it..

Anyways good luck to you man, hope you LOVE it like we do. but please consider adding DHP..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 11:22 AM   #6
kjoseph270
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 XDrive 40i MSport

Congrats! (or do what I did, order LED's AND DHP!)

If they let you, take some pics at the plant! Maybe mine will be in production (wishful thinking).

regretful former owner '88 E28 M5
'12 MG F30 328i
'15 CB F25 X3 35i
'19 Golf R Mk7.5
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 11:05 PM   #7
Manicureaddict
Rep

Getting the LEDs so i can have the auto highbeams, father in law has a jag with that feature and it just blew me away and now i want it in my car... so yah a very high price to pay but i've noticed i'm more night blind than i like... and yes i know i should invest in some eye wear instead of super expensive lights. But as my husband says i live by the "i like i buy" motto.

No interest in the DHP, as long as the car turns on and moves i'm good. I'm a women safety excites me more than speed My first choice was a Volvo but as i was zoning in on it i realized how sad it made my husband and we went to test drive the bmw since i have a brother who works in the plant and i'd be able to get a slight discount. So the day before i was going to buy a volvo v60 wagon i figured we should test drive the bmw to cross if off my list. I saw the smile on hubs face and knew my dream of owning a volvo just died and had to be put on the back burner. The car we test drove didn't have the DHP and he was satisfied with how it drove and handled. he talked me into going with the AWD and said that was worth more than the DHP to him. We also really liked the new 2015 Nissan Murano , in fact that was hubs first choice since he loved the CVT transmission in it. But the reality was the car was so new you couldn't find the exact one without having to pay full sticker for it. Then when you add the BMW ultimate plan in the mix the Nissan didn't stand a chance. I didn't expect to go with the BMW since i'm basically blowing my initial car budget by an extra 10,000 but i figured what the hell you only live once. The X3 wasn't a car i had my eye on I was actually in love with the Mercedes GLA but the damn thing didn't come with keyless start/entry and well as much as i liked that car the fact i'd have to dig around in my purse to find the keys just took that car right off and my husband couldn't be happier since he also thought that car sucked.

I'm not sure if there are any rules or regulations discussing the discount so i don't want to step on any toes. But I will say I was gonna have a better deal buying the volvo since it was almost 7,000 off MSRP. But i won't lie I admit not having to haggle is a plus and knowing you are saving and getting to build exactly how you want it really pushed me to making my pockets deeper for this purchase. oh and no plant delivery offered when buying with the bmw family discount. which to me makes no difference since i already got to tour the plant. the 2 hours of track driving isn't my cup of tea... haha the first test drive from the dealership was plenty for me when the salesman floored the damn thing and showed us the 40mph to stop test... haha didn't know i was going for a roller coaster ride.

sorry for the rambling ... I'm a talker
Appreciate 2
      02-04-2015, 01:10 AM   #8
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Rep

"sorry for the rambling ... I'm a talker "

most women are

But you made a good choice. A German BMW is much better than a CHINESE Volvo !!

Last edited by Portimao318; 02-04-2015 at 01:29 AM..
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2015, 09:58 AM   #9
kozzi
Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:

X3 xdrive28i
xLine
Alpine White
Cold Weather Package
Lighting Package
Premium Package
Technology Package
Surround View

Welcome!
I have to agree with others and mention again how awesome DHP is. Since you have family that works at the Spartanburg plant, it shouldn't be too difficult to find and test drive a F25 with DHP so you can feel the difference.

If you see something you want to add to your car, make it DHP, or a 35i!

2021 BMW X3MC
Donington Grey Metallic / Sakhir Orange & Black Extended Merino Leather / Aluminum Carbon Structure
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 10:13 AM   #10
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
CONGRATS!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 02:34 AM   #11
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2016 Mini Cooper S 5 Door

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endre2
"sorry for the rambling ... I'm a talker "

most women are

But you made a good choice. A German BMW is much better than a CHINESE Volvo !!
Well you gotta admit... She's talking about something that most men love! At Least she isn't giving us a ramble about how she was hating on that girl at the mall XD

Manicureaddict Any Pics of your X3?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 01:10 PM   #12
Manicureaddict
Rep

Manicureaddict Any Pics of your X3?[/QUOTE]

nope... still waiting haven't gotten any updates on the site yet. But on the tour they said once it goes to production it takes approx 36 hours from start to end.. 4-6 hours body work, 12 hours paint and then 18 hours non stop on the production line. So that gives me some hope but man the waiting is the hardest.... haha I need it to just get here already so i can stop over-thinking and just start enjoying it!

haha i'm surrounded by guys who know a lot about cars.. me i just know the very basics. I used to blog about Nail Polish but these days I'm a little over that addiction... at one point I had over 3,000 bottles of nail polish. lately i've been lusting over the plastadip duo-chromatic finishes
[IMG][/IMG]

Seriously drooling over these colors!! Don't know if I have the balls to do this, but if i get bored with the white i will be thinking of something like this!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 01:20 PM   #13
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
i like the color on the audi
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 02:16 PM   #14
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hey Manicureaddict, than this is something for you! Check it out.

https://headtofoot.wordpress.com/201...s-nail-polish/

02-06-2015, 03:32 PM   #15
Manicureaddict
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endre2 View Post
Hey Manicureaddict, than this is something for you! Check it out.

https://headtofoot.wordpress.com/201...s-nail-polish/

awww, it's like you know me very well! that was a cute post. that last silver holo car was pretty magical looking... I don't think i'd ever stop looking at my car if it had that paint job on it!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 08:48 AM   #16
Manicureaddict
Rep

Car went into production today!!!! on the bmwusa site it doesn't show any update but when i call the 800# to check it states it's in production with an estimated completion date of 2/18. Since I know it takes roughly 36 hours to make it once it starts I'm suspecting I'll be seeing it by the end of next week.

order placed 1/26
production start date 2/11

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 09:11 AM   #17
vivekbd
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

I paced order on 01/31 and picking up on 02/14. Since my dealer has allocation, it went into production next day after I placed an order.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 10:15 AM   #18
Portimao318
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Car went into production today!!!! on the bmwusa site it doesn't show any update but when i call the 800# to check it states it's in production with an estimated completion date of 2/18. Since I know it takes roughly 36 hours to make it once it starts I'm suspecting I'll be seeing it by the end of next week.

order placed 1/26

yes, yes, rub it in...

but i'm happy for you guys (I mean, guy and girl).
      02-11-2015, 11:06 AM   #19
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 11:50 AM   #20
Jordster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzi View Post
If you see something you want to add to your car, make it DHP, or a 35i!
This board makes me HATE BMW Canada!

DHP is a stand-alone $1400 option in the USA. In Canada, it's only available after choosing MSport. So, it's a $6000 option I can't afford! And I did have the pleasure of test driving one so I do know what I'm missing!

That being said, even without DHP, the X3 handles better than ANY competing CUV at the same or lower price, including the Q5, GLK, and less expensive but somewhat athletic vehicles like the CX5 and Focus Titanium.

I'm still happy with my purchase but damn I'd give up the $900 color in an instant if I could instead take a $1400 DHP!!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 11:53 AM   #21
Andy_o
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:

order placed 1/26

Very pleased for you

Mine ... Order placed 1st August 2014 .... Built ... Don't be silly ... Still waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 12:37 PM   #22
Manicureaddict
Rep

I know I feel silly complaining about waiting a few weeks when all of our friends outside of the US end up waiting months.

So my brother who works at BMW today started to hound me about not getting the upgraded harmon Kardon speakers and how i can still have them added up to 4 hours before it hits the assembly line. in fact he's the one who gave me the heads up that it went into production. I texted my sales guy and he said yah nope if it's in production no changes can be made.... ughhh why's my brother gotta be picking on me now... as if I'm not spending enough money already!! The most comforting thing about it finally being in production is that no more possible mind changes. although I have to admit i'm surprised i've stuck to the original choices. hopefully smooth sailing from here on out.
Appreciate 0