BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #45
X35D For Me
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 35D M Sport

I'm even more bemused now since posting the original thread!! I've now set all the doors to unlock on first push of the remote but kept automatic lock on driveaway. Now when I switch the engine off all doors unlock and when I get out of the car I can open the back door - hurrah!! So I guess there's a weird BMW logic at work here in that if I want to be able to unlock only the driver's door when I get in then it should only be that door that unlocks when I get out. I'm just not keen on not having the option to only unlock the driver's door on entry in order to unlock other doors without pressing more buttons!! Never please everyone I guess!!
X3 35D M Sport, Vermillion Red/Oyster, Fineline Wave wood, 19" alloys (369M) Prof. Media Pack, DAB, Sun Roof, Elec. seat adj.+ lumbar, Visibility Pack, Prof. Speakers, Sun Protection Glass, Reverse Cam/Top View, Seat Heating, M Sport suspension deletion, HUD.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #46
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
i dont mind pressing fob key twice to unlock all doors..if im alone i wouldnt want some1 getting in my x3 while im trying to get in.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #47
Bustofa
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 XDrive20D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by X35D For Me View Post
I'm even more bemused now since posting the original thread!! I've now set all the doors to unlock on first push of the remote but kept automatic lock on driveaway. Now when I switch the engine off all doors unlock and when I get out of the car I can open the back door - hurrah!! So I guess there's a weird BMW logic at work here in that if I want to be able to unlock only the driver's door when I get in then it should only be that door that unlocks when I get out. I'm just not keen on not having the option to only unlock the driver's door on entry in order to unlock other doors without pressing more buttons!! Never please everyone I guess!!
Indeed as I think I said earlier in the thread, this has always worked for me!
These are my iDrive settings:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #48
Earlofessex
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustofa View Post
Indeed as I think I said earlier in the thread, this has always worked for me!
These are my iDrive settings:
No luck here. My iDrive has 5 settings. All are checked except Lock Doors if none are Open. Only the drivers door unlocks, and it takes two pulls.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #49
gblewis
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X35D For Me View Post
One thing that is really starting to annoy me now is the door locks on my car. When I and / or my passenger get out of the car, I would expect all the other doors to unlock as they did in my previous car, but in this, when I or my passenger go to get a jacket or something off the back seat, we find the back doors locked and either have to fish around in my pocket for the keys to unlock them or get back in the car to press the unlock button. Is there a setting that I'm missing here (or do I need to set it up for all doors to unlock on the remote rather than driver's door only on first push of the remote) or is this just plain bad design??!!
I can not agree more. Way do not all the doors unlock when u turn off the car. I have had every luxury brand and never had this situation. Why should have to push another button to unlock the back door.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #50
bren
user
Rep
Drives: German Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblewis View Post
I have had every luxury brand and never had this situation.
And? Please tell about all the luxury brands you've owned....

Just push the button if you want in one of the other doors, what's the big deal? Okay, maybe the first time it caught you out, but surely we're all smart enough to remember after that.

If we're keeping track....I've never owned a car that arbitrarily unlocked all the doors, and I like it that way.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #51
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren View Post
And? Please tell about all the luxury brands you've owned....

Just push the button if you want in one of the other doors, what's the big deal? Okay, maybe the first time it caught you out, but surely we're all smart enough to remember after that.

If we're keeping track....I've never owned a car that arbitrarily unlocked all the doors, and I like it that way.
      02-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #52
gblewis
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Mercedes Audi Lexus and All unlocked the doors when open the driver door. Just like they all locked all the doors when u got to a certain speed?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 11:53 PM   #53
Want the thrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gblewis View Post
Mercedes Audi Lexus and All unlocked the doors when open the driver door. Just like they all locked all the doors when u got to a certain speed?
Yep, add to that list Nissan and Acura. BMW is first car I've owned that doesn't.
Appreciate 0