BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-24-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
kti
Rep
Drives: 2004 Silver X3

2004 Bmw x3 problems?

Ok so i have a 2004 Bmw x3. Im looking at the 2 rear wheels and it looks like its cambered…the top of the wheels are caved in pretty noticeably…is this normal or is it just my x3 with this problem…maybe an alignment? On a seperate note whenever i slow down or come to a stop a strong knocking noise emits from what seems like the transmission or the front end? Any help would be great!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 10:10 AM   #2
MIK3_eh
Canada
Rep
Drives: 04 X3 3.0, 07 X3 3.0si, 09 WRX

The camber is normal. The 2004's have a sport package with a more aggressive set up and spring rate than following years.

As for the the knocking noise its hard to pin point. I would start with a fluid change and see if that helps. I also read somewhere that the X3 uses the transmission to assist in braking. That could be what is causing a knock or shuddler/thud.

For reference, I have a 2004 (for sale) and noticed the same thing you mentioned.
Appreciate 0