BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #23
TuffLittleUnit
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G26 420d MSport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
Oh, also no DUD.
Good spot - although a highly unlikely combination
      02-10-2011, 08:58 PM   #24
mehb
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 XDrive35

Apart from the slide show on the website that shows the 40/20/40 split...

This is a quote from bmw.ca:

"In winter, the ski and snowboard bag has capacity for up to four pairs of skis or three snowboards, keeping them clean and safely in place between the left and right rear seats. After a long day in the snow, the BMW X3 offers a spacious, comfortable haven, with many functional details, for up to three additional passengers."

It clearly states that you are able to place skis etc. in between the left and right rear seats.

I am extremely disappointed that my X3, and I'm sure pretty much everybody else's in Canada, is not able to accommodate this functionality. It's obvious that BMW Canada has clearly misrepresented the functionality on the Canadian X3.

I strongly encourage everyone to contact BMW Canada to raise this issue of misrepresentation. They will try to tell you that maybe a picture was used from another market. Bare in mind that it is more than the pictures. It is an entire slide show and descriptive paragraph talking about the virtues of the 3-way split seat back functionality. Not having this feature significantly reduces the utility and functionality of this car. This is my 6th BMW and all of them including my 135i at least had the passthrough for skis or other long objects. Basically with this X3 you would have to drop at least one passenger from the back seats if you had to carry something as everyday as hockey sticks!

I am waiting to hear back from BMW Canada. The person I was speaking to had a hard time understanding the dilemma at hand. She did not comprehend the fact that the 60/40 split that is in the car cannot perform the functionality a clearly shown and described on bmw.ca.

I don't see why they cannot replace the seat backs with the correct ones.
Space Grey with Black Nevada Leather and Wave Brown Wood Trim, Tech Pkg, Prem. Pkg, Exec Pkg, Dynamic Comfort Pkg, Variable Sports Steering, BMW Apps, Storage Compart. Pkg, Heads-Up Display, 40/20/40 Rear Seats, Heated Rear Seats, Rear Sunshades, High Beam Assist, Adaptive Headlights, Headlight Washer and 245/275 Staggered Wheels w/ Performance Tires.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #25
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Ski and snowboard bag is a different thing than the "40/20/40" which is really the "40/20/60".

I don't mean to say you don't have a complaint, but they're different things. For example, my "40/20/60" seat back -- which I understand you're interested in -- does not have a ski and snowboard bag. Had that on my 330i and it was a bag integrated with the fold-down back armrest.
      02-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #26
mehb
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 XDrive35

Either way there is no way to pass through anything in through the middle of the rear seats. This is what is clearly mentioned here:

http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/newvehicles/...ty.html#media0

I would not have a huge complaint if there was the 40/20/60 as you described.
Space Grey with Black Nevada Leather and Wave Brown Wood Trim, Tech Pkg, Prem. Pkg, Exec Pkg, Dynamic Comfort Pkg, Variable Sports Steering, BMW Apps, Storage Compart. Pkg, Heads-Up Display, 40/20/40 Rear Seats, Heated Rear Seats, Rear Sunshades, High Beam Assist, Adaptive Headlights, Headlight Washer and 245/275 Staggered Wheels w/ Performance Tires.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2011, 10:56 PM   #27
haldol
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehb View Post
Either way there is no way to pass through anything in through the middle of the rear seats. This is what is clearly mentioned here:

"... keeping them clean and safely in place between the left and right rear seats."

I'm with you.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 12:45 AM   #28
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

I think you have a very good cause for a complaint based on misrepresentation. I (and other people) took a similar stance with the sports steering wheel combined with the 19" 309 alloys. All the adverts in the UK had this combination but it wasn't actually possible to spec an X3 with it. They changed the setup and now you can order 309s + sports steering wheel

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 05:50 AM   #29
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

I don't think there's any way that video could have more clearly demonstrated the "40/20/60" seat.
      02-11-2011, 06:00 AM   #30
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
I don't think there's any way that video could have more clearly demonstrated the "40/20/60" seat.
I think that's the point that they are making. It clearly demonstrates the 40/20/60 combination, and it's shown on the .ca website, but there is no way they can order an X3 in Canada with this option.

Why anyone would exclude an option like this based on the country in which you order the car is beyond me.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #31
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehb View Post

On that page though, in the 2nd paragraph it says:

What makes a perfect summer’s day? Pack the cooler with a few chilled sports drinks and connect it to the 12-volt power outlet in the trunk to keep them cold. Fold down the 60/40 rear seat to make room for your gear. Suddenly, the luggage space expands from 550 litres up to 1600 litres.

So it's actually inconsistent with the 3rd one, where it says:

In winter, the ski and snowboard bag has capacity for up to four pairs of skis or three snowboards, keeping them clean and safely in place between the left and right rear seats.

BTW, to me it looks like the bag is an extra thing you buy, not incorporated into the middle section. Take a look at pics 3 and 6.
Appreciate 0