BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
tpup
Rep
Drives: Yugo

Ordered a 2013 35i today!

Just a heads-up for those looking for a good deal in the midwest. BMW of Orland Park has the 'Ultimate Guarantee'. They'll match a competitor's price or they'll give you $200 on the spot. My CA (Guy) kept that promise. Shop around and check back with them before you sign. You'll be glad you did if you're in or around the area (I'm over 100 miles away).
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
kskpsu
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M; E90 M3 ZCP; M4 GTS

Garage List
'11 BMW 1M  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpup View Post
Just a heads-up for those looking for a good deal in the midwest. BMW of Orland Park has the 'Ultimate Guarantee'. They'll match a competitor's price or they'll give you $200 on the spot. My CA (Guy) kept that promise. Shop around and check back with them before you sign. You'll be glad you did if you're in or around the area (I'm over 100 miles away).
Great dealer...I would recommend my CA there as well, Joe McFadden, he was awesome orchestrating European Delivery on my 1M.

Congrats on the order!
      04-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #3
kris12
Rep
Drives: 2004 m3

Looks like you got a great deal on the 35i. Pice when it arrives of course.
      04-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #4
Tommyvee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5, 2016 M3

I used Darrell Horowitz there. Very nice guy, great to deal with even though hes a huge Cub fan and I'm a Sox fan.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #5
KingX
Unregistered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 M-Sport 35i

Congrats ....now you get to join the line
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
tpup
Rep

I ordered on 3/30, production began on 4/4, and the 800# tells me 4/17 is the completion date. Anyone else experiencing faster than anticipated arrival times? I was supposed to have a week 17 build date, but no complaint here!

Also, I spoke to the Finance Mgr ahead of time to avoid any drama. Depending on your dealer, they may offer you:
Tire and Wheel protection
Simoniz Glasscoat (inside & out)
Extended Vehicle Protection
Roadblock (like 3M film)
K40 radar/laser detection
Maintenance Program Upgrade
Tinted Windows

Research ahead of time because all of them sound good...esp when they tell you what it'll do for you and how they more than pay for themselves.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
DGDuerr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 28i

Quote:
I ordered on 3/30, production began on 4/4, and the 800# tells me 4/17 is the completion date. Anyone else experiencing faster than anticipated arrival times? I was supposed to have a week 17 build date, but no complaint here!

Also, I spoke to the Finance Mgr ahead of time to avoid any drama. Depending on your dealer, they may offer you:
Tire and Wheel protection
Simoniz Glasscoat (inside & out)
Extended Vehicle Protection
Roadblock (like 3M film)
K40 radar/laser detection
Maintenance Program Upgrade
Tinted Windows

Research ahead of time because all of them sound good...esp when they tell you what it'll do for you and how they more than pay for themselves.
You might expect that it will be at your dealership by the 17th! Mine was DELIVERED in just less than 3 weeks from date of order. I was amazed. Keep logging into www.bmwusa.com to check your build status - your salesperson will give you the production number (if he has not already)...
      04-06-2012, 06:16 PM   #8
JoeyO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: silver car

Quote:
They'll match a competitor's price or they'll give you $200 on the spot.
That's fine, but try getting a written quote from a competitor with their signature or on their letterhead. They all like to thow numbers around verbally, because they all know how the game is played. You're just going to turn around and show their quote to another dealership.

If a dealership truly believes they're the lowest in the market, then there's no need to have people present competitor's quotes to them.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #9
jk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 x3 35i

i don't like to play that game. on a car i bought a few years ago i had a guy give me a quote and then say "don't buy from someone else without checking back with me." someone else gave me a better quote and i took it. i want upfront dealing and their best quote when i ask for it. otherwise i walk.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #10
tpup
Rep

JoeyO - I provided an email trail as proof of the quote. Some may require what you stated, but in this day/age, no dealer (in their right mind) would give you a purchase agreement w/o a deposit.

jk - the lowest quote was over 300 miles away. I preferred the closer 115 mile drive that matched. Plus, I had a trade-in which complicated matters. But, they matched the highest quote on that too which came from a different dealer.

Yes, it is all a game in the end. However, you get to choose how you play.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #11
tpup
Rep

I called again today and was told 4/12 is the completion date (instead of 4/17)! I spoke to a rep and he couldn't tell me what that 'really' meant and to contact my SA. Awaiting the SA's reply. I wonder if I call tomorrow if it'll be in my garage?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #12
tpup
Rep

It's ready!

I got the call from my SA today. I can pick up my 35i gray/blk with cold weather, sports pkg, Prem pkg, tech pkg & sat radio tomorrow. I take it in Thurs for the Venture shield & front tints.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #13
kskpsu
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M; E90 M3 ZCP; M4 GTS

Garage List
'11 BMW 1M  [9.83]
Quote:
I got the call from my SA today. I can pick up my 35i gray/blk with cold weather, sports pkg, Prem pkg, tech pkg & sat radio tomorrow. I take it in Thurs for the Venture shield & front tints.
+1 on the front tints, makes it look complete IMHO. Would encourage you to "step up" from Venture Shield to 3M's top of the line, or XPel's ultimate self healing film (had this installed on my 1M)...these films have a clear coat that help them blend more seamlessly with the factory paint job. Also more resistant to yellowing, although how you maintain the film is just as important.