BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-08-2014, 11:47 PM   #1
bukusuma
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: X253, W205

Advice on Upgrading S676A Amplifier

Hi,

I have a 2012 BMW X3 F25 with S663A (Radio BMW Professional) and S676A (HiFi Speaker System).

For now, I've decided to upgrade the speakers on all 4 doors, using 2 pairs of Focal KRS100s.

In the future, I'm planning of replacing the amplifier.

I will be leaving the Sub Woofers under the seats as standard.

I'm no good on electrical DIY :-)

Keeping that in mind, any suggestions on a good plug and play amplifier? Something that doesn't require me to change any cabling?

I just want to take out the existing amplifier and drop the new one in its place.

Is this at all possible?

Thank you for any advice.

Regards,

Bram
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 06:19 AM   #2
Jedclampet
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 Black

Plug n play

Bram, Technics a member on the e 90 posts makes harnesses, you'll need to send him a private message. Audiotec Fisher makes the Match PP 82 an amp n processor in one small unit n very high quality and Jehnert speakers which come as a set of tweeters, mids and under seat mid bass and with the correct mounting rings. These two kits have many reviews here worth reading and some of the easiest to install. I run them currently and have had some very high end gear in the past that these compete with such as Dynaudio n Morel speakers n Zapco ref amps n processors. I now run all active front only n it has turned many heads locally.
Peter
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 06:27 AM   #3
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukusuma View Post
Hi,

I have a 2012 BMW X3 F25 with S663A (Radio BMW Professional) and S676A (HiFi Speaker System).

For now, I've decided to upgrade the speakers on all 4 doors, using 2 pairs of Focal KRS100s.

In the future, I'm planning of replacing the amplifier.

I will be leaving the Sub Woofers under the seats as standard.

I'm no good on electrical DIY :-)

Keeping that in mind, any suggestions on a good plug and play amplifier? Something that doesn't require me to change any cabling?

I just want to take out the existing amplifier and drop the new one in its place.

Is this at all possible?

Thank you for any advice.

Regards,

Bram
Curious, not happy with HIFI? It's really good on the X4 if I added a new amp it would be overkill for my bass is really banging!
Appreciate 0