BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-16-2011, 09:37 AM   #67
Steven40
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0d F25

It's now a week that the garage turned off the seatbelt reminder and I'm happy with that.
I nearly always wear the seatbelt, but when I drive in the center of our village
sometimes I don't (max speed 30 km/h - 20mph).
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #68
Batman2000
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E53 X5/F25 X3

Did they charge you for disabling it?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 05:31 PM   #69
Steven40
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0d F25

Nope, only it took more than one hour that the car was connected computer to disable.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #70
BMW FINALLY!
Ultimate Driving Machine!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
Does anyone know how to disable the brakes without getting that irritating "Brake Failure" warning light? There are so many times when I'd rather just crash into something instead of having to raise my foot and press that darn pedal.

Please don't comment on my driving style - just answer the question - I don't need any lectures - my wife already has that area covered.
Just peed my pants LOL Best one yet!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2011, 06:40 PM   #71
BMW FINALLY!
Ultimate Driving Machine!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman2000 View Post
Everybody is entitled to kill him or herself in any way they choose...
Another good one
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #72
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtl2009 View Post
I am getting ready to order my x3 and am wondering if the seatbelt reminder chime can be disabled through the iDrive? I know it stops beeping after a mile but would prefer no chime at all. If it can not be disabled through iDrive I will measure the seatbelt buckles when I order and have "cheater" buckles machined prior to delivery to disable the reminder.

Before someone says "wear your seatbelt" or some similar off-topic remark - I am asking a technical question, not your opinion on how I should live my life or what my driving habits should be.

Thanks,
Dave

WEAR YOUR SEATBELT.

And just so I understand, how is that off-topic in a "seatbelt chime" thread??

Darwin and I discussed your situation, and we both agree that you should not wear a seatbelt.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2011, 07:15 PM   #73
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Not this nonsense again......

Didn't we agree this OP was a troll post? A pretty successful one at that..
      05-21-2011, 12:39 AM   #74
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
Darwin and I discussed your situation, and we both agree that you should not wear a seatbelt.

For whom the chime dings . . .
      05-21-2011, 02:36 AM   #75
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
Not this nonsense again......
+1

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #76
popi
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 idrive dual turbo

Wink This works on Jeep GC SRT8

I would think a similar process is available for BMW X3, but you will need to have a well versed technician on this forum to comment. I personally always wear by seat belt, but as many have stated on this thread - there are times when it is just not neccessary...

How to disable seat belt Chime:
1. Turn ignition to the OFF position and buckles the driver's seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition key to the ACC/ON position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least 3 times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.
4. Turn the ignition to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.
Note: The reminder can be re-enabled by repeating this procedure. Even with this reminder disabled, the seat belt light will be illuminated while the driver's seat belt is unbuckled.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #77
egal
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax
It can't be disabled through normal iDrive operation. There may be a hack.
Thank you for remaining on topic.

OP should google "BMW Coding". I believe a few how to's are covered in another bmw forum.

With a laptop, bmw software, and a cable, you can turn passenger and driver belts off as well as recode a flurry of different options.

I too plan to do this. We all have our reasons.

Those who inject their opinions or values only hurt this thread and the OP.

Last edited by egal; 01-21-2012 at 09:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #78
Fryguy29
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by engelbert View Post
Thank you for remaining on topic.
Those who inject their opinions or values only hurt this thread and the OP.
Seriously, I don't want to open up the above hornet's nest, but isn't the point of the forum to inject our own opinions or values. It's then up to individuals to weigh the advice they get.
It would be a boring forum indeed if no one had an opinion.

Now please kill this thread.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #79
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

His question was fully answered by post # 2 itself, we unnecessarily debated on it.

He wants to drive naked peacefully with not even belt and shoes on his body, let him.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #80
Fryguy29
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by popi View Post
I would think a similar process is available for BMW X3, but you will need to have a well versed technician on this forum to comment. I personally always wear by seat belt, but as many have stated on this thread - there are times when it is just not neccessary...

How to disable seat belt Chime:
1. Turn ignition to the OFF position and buckles the driver's seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition key to the ACC/ON position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least 3 times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.
4. Turn the ignition to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.
Note: The reminder can be re-enabled by repeating this procedure. Even with this reminder disabled, the seat belt light will be illuminated while the driver's seat belt is unbuckled.
Does this actually work? I tired it yesterday and no dice, but I may have done it incorrectly. The seat belt chime is so annoying. I don't need the annoying chime driving up the driveway after I have checked the mail. I used to be in the "wear the damn seatbelt!" category, but there have been sufficient instances that I want it off. I wear my seatbelt everytime I've gotten into a car since I was 5. I feel naked without it. If I need the car to remind me, I have gone senile enough that I should not be driving anyways.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #81
April1
Love All
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy29 View Post
Does this actually work? I tired it yesterday and no dice, but I may have done it incorrectly. The seat belt chime is so annoying. I don't need the annoying chime driving up the driveway after I have checked the mail. I used to be in the "wear the damn seatbelt!" category, but there have been sufficient instances that I want it off. I wear my seatbelt everytime I've gotten into a car since I was 5. I feel naked without it. If I need the car to remind me, I have gone senile enough that I should not be driving anyways.
You can positively turn if off by coding your X3.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2012, 11:33 AM   #82
Ural
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy29 View Post
That method is for Jeep.
Appreciate 0