BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-02-2018, 07:16 AM   #1
pej7445
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

Garage List
2019 x3 m40i  [0.00]
Arrow lease ending.. what to do?

The lease on my 2016 X3 will be coming to an end later this year (Nov) and I'm trying to decide if I should buy it or dump it.

I will be over on miles by about 6k but can buy those for $.16/mile if needed. I have about 35k on it now, likely will have 36k by Nov. So it will cost me about $1000 to turn it in.

I did buy the 'extensive wear and tear' coverage at the time of lease signing, so my tires can be worn out and it won't matter.

If it helps, the specs on the X3 are: Here
Xdrive 2.8
M-Sport Trim (with sport seats)
Silver w/ Black
Lighting Package
Tech Package
Comfort Acess
HK Sound
PDC
Heated Seats

I can buy it for about $30k, tax free, and will need to spend about $1200 on tires.

I still really like the car and the configuration. I want a new X3 but they don't lease well and are expensive.

Thanks in advance for any input/suggestions.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 02:37 PM   #2
pej7445
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 x3 m40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pej7445 View Post
The lease on my 2016 X3 will be coming to an end later this year (Nov) and I'm trying to decide if I should buy it or dump it.

I will be over on miles by about 6k but can buy those for $.16/mile if needed. I have about 35k on it now, likely will have 36k by Nov. So it will cost me about $1000 to turn it in.

I did buy the 'extensive wear and tear' coverage at the time of lease signing, so my tires can be worn out and it won't matter.

Xdrive 2.8
Silver w/ Black
Lighting Package
Tech Package
Comfort Acess
HK Sound
PDC
Heated Seats

I can buy it for about $30k, tax free, and will need to spend about $1200 on tires.

I still really like the car and the configuration. I want a new X3 but they don't lease well and are expensive.

Bump
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2018, 03:36 PM   #3
BE X
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 35d /X3 35i / R1200R

Quote:
Quote:

Xdrive 2.8
Silver w/ Black
Lighting Package
Tech Package
Comfort Acess
HK Sound
PDC
Heated Seats

Bump
Since your lease is not up until November, and you know you are over on miles, my suggestion would be to wait to see if the lease terms are any better in October or November. You have time to still buy the lower cost miles and to see if there are any updates to the lease buyouts ($900 incentive on mine right now). Waiting will not impact the buyout much, so no harm in playing it out until the end.

My 2 cents - and worth nothing more!
Appreciate 1
pej744593.00
      09-23-2018, 02:52 PM   #4
pej7445
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 x3 m40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE X View Post
Since your lease is not up until November, and you know you are over on miles, my suggestion would be to wait to see if the lease terms are any better in October or November. You have time to still buy the lower cost miles and to see if there are any updates to the lease buyouts ($900 incentive on mine right now). Waiting will not impact the buyout much, so no harm in playing it out until the end.

I have the same $900 incentive, it seems like an odd amount, and not all that compelling.

I also found out that you can extend your current lease by 2 months with no additional expenses. If you extend, then turn in early BMW prorates those 2 months! So why would I turn in before my 11/13 maturity? I'll extend and see what kind of end of month deal is offered in Nov, then again in Dec. Only being charged for the days used. Ultimately, giving me more time to make an informed decision.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 03:17 PM   #5
BE X
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 35d /X3 35i / R1200R

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE X View Post

I have the same $900 incentive, it seems like an odd amount, and not all that compelling.

I also found out that you can extend your current lease by 2 months with no additional expenses. If you extend, then turn in early BMW prorates those 2 months! So why would I turn in before my 11/13 maturity? I'll extend and see what kind of end of month deal is offered in Nov, then again in Dec. Only being charged for the days used. Ultimately, giving me more time to make an informed decision.
Where are you on miles? Be certain to handle that before the end of the original lease or else make very certain that you know how BMWFS will let you handle them when in the extension time.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 07:17 AM   #6
pej7445
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 x3 m40i  [0.00]
I'm over on miles, but can buy them for $.16 per. You're correct, I need to buy those before the original maturity date, so that does suck a little bit.
Appreciate 0