BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #23
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

I don't have RTTI (car produced before it was released) but I did get an update and now (and I'm pretty sure this didn't happen before) I get colour coding sometimes like below at Heathrow yesterday. Does RTTI look different to this? On the picture, the M4 traffic is showing eastbound red and that was the case as there was an accident J3-J2. This appears to be on the correct side in this case

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #24
ewwimbledon
Rep
Drives: Z4

On mine with RTTI, you get a lot more lines ie two lines per road generally (for most main roads and a lot of minor roads too). The lines are green, yellow amber or red. All works well on mine so long as you remember to reverse the side of the road they are on. So, going into central London at 8am in steaming traffic, the right side will be red and the left green while you sit in the traffic with not a single car on the other side of the road!

To be perfectly honest, I think you are probably better using the triangles/warnings for major incidents. For me though I have the choice of driving north of the Thames home, or South, so the traffic flow maps are quite useful.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #25
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

OK, thanks, I assumed I didn't have full blown RTTI but wondered where my colour had appeared from.

When they finally fix it, sounds like it could be pretty useful. How anything like this ever got through testing, I have no idea

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #26
tongie
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i M Sport

I had the same problem and can confirm that BMW now have a software fix for this.

My car is an F30 320d (Oct 2012) with the pro nav and it was constantly displaying the traffic flow colours on the wrong side of the road for RTTI.

I got my car back today and it is completely fixed now.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2013, 08:14 AM   #27
Sco
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongie View Post
I had the same problem and can confirm that BMW now have a software fix for this.

My car is an F30 320d (Oct 2012) with the pro nav and it was constantly displaying the traffic flow colours on the wrong side of the road for RTTI.

Thanks for this. Now I just need to find time to book it in.

I don't suppose they compensated you for the past 6 months' inconvenience?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 03:48 AM   #28
tongie
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Thanks for this. Now I just need to find time to book it in.

I don't suppose they compensated you for the past 6 months' inconvenience?

Didn't ask to be honest, it was a frustrating problem to have and should not happen but was not too big an issue for me.

Glad it's fixed though.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 06:50 AM   #29
ewwimbledon
Rep
Drives: Z4

Got a call from dealer today so booking my Z 4 in next week. Will ask about compensation.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #30
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongie View Post

Hi Tongie, could you please tell us the software build version of your sat-nav. There is a way through the navigation to show it. I wonder if I can get a free Sat-Nav map upgrade on the back of fixing the bug.
Have any X3 drivers seen this fixed yet?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #31
tongie
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtrick123 View Post
Hi Tongie, could you please tell us the software build version of your sat-nav. There is a way through the navigation to show it. I wonder if I can get a free Sat-Nav map upgrade on the back of fixing the bug.
Have any X3 drivers seen this fixed yet?
Version info is :

Road Map Europe Premium 2013-2
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2013, 08:15 AM   #32
MarineX3
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d

Fixed at last

I just had my UK 2013 X3 fixed yesterday. They originally said they'd need the car for 2 days but did it in 1.

The RTTI colour coding of the roads is now on the correct side, and the version number is as above : 101123.2.14 (Road Map Europe Premium 2013-2)
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #33
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineX3 View Post
I just had my UK 2013 X3 fixed yesterday. They originally said they'd need the car for 2 days but did it in 1.

The RTTI colour coding of the roads is now on the correct side, and the version number is as above : 101123.2.14 (Road Map Europe Premium 2013-2)
GREAT!! RTTI road colouring is not a big issue BUT I've got a service due soon, I presume they should provide this fix/ upgrade FOC?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #34
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Cross your fingers.. if its a known fault and there is a software fix then yes.. I absolutely detest and hate the way BMW and dealers treat people with software updates and map updates.

My view is, if there is new software and your car goes in, then it should all be done as part of that, and not sidelined with the usual excuse it takes too longer.. total bollocks.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 06:38 AM   #35
MarineX3
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtrick123 View Post
GREAT!! RTTI road colouring is not a big issue BUT I've got a service due soon, I presume they should provide this fix/ upgrade FOC?
It was FOC, but you should ask about getting it fixed before the service as they need to order the update based on your chassis number and it takes 5 days to come through.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #36
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

MarineX3 - Help Please!

Quote:

MarineX3 - I've got the RTTI problem on my X3 - I posted about this problem some months ago...following your success I took my car in to my local dealer yesterday for them to investigate and order the update. They tell me that there are NO updates available. I told the service supervisor that there is a new version of firmware for the Pro-Nav (ver 101123.2.14) though they tell me they know nothing about it. They suggest that I find out which dealer sorted your car out and pass on the information to them so that they can get in touch to find out where the update came from. Would it be possible for you to PM me so that we can discuss? I'd appreciate your help!
      09-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #37
Dirkpitt66
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 40d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by saggo
Quote:

MarineX3 - I've got the RTTI problem on my X3 - I posted about this problem some months ago...following your success I took my car in to my local dealer yesterday for them to investigate and order the update. They tell me that there are NO updates available. I told the service supervisor that there is a new version of firmware for the Pro-Nav (ver 101123.2.14) though they tell me they know nothing about it. They suggest that I find out which dealer sorted your car out and pass on the information to them so that they can get in touch to find out where the update came from. Would it be possible for you to PM me so that we can discuss? I'd appreciate your help!
Had the same problem on my x3 30d 2013 has had the update and is working fine now. Dealer was cooper Cobham and I didn't have to pre book it
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 01:33 AM   #38
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkpitt66 View Post
Had the same problem on my x3 30d 2013 has had the update and is working fine now. Dealer was cooper Cobham and I didn't have to pre book it
Hi, thanks for that, can you confirm your software version now it's fixed? Do you know what it was prior to the fix?

Could I ask you to PM me the last 7 digits of your chassis number?
      09-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #39
Dirkpitt66
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 40d MSport

The update is the latest software version as in the previous post, unfortunately I don't know the older version but it is now working correctly with the traffic flow on the correct side.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #40
MarineX3
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saggo View Post
I had mine done at Dick Lovett BMW in Bristol. I don't recall what the previous software version number was. When I booked mine in, it was pretty much the same week they received the news of the update being available.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #41
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Has anyone got details of the fix or the service bulletin for this fix.
I am having trouble convincing my dealer there is a fix for this.
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #42
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep

I've got to book mine in for first service very soon. Any service bulletin details for this fix as per Horsey's request
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 12:01 AM   #43
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Had my maps updated under warranty yesterday, the new traffic information is much improved. Gone are the chevrons and now each side of the road is colour coded green though to red to indicate traffic flow ... Love it.
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 09:59 AM   #44
philtrick123
Lieutenant
Rep

HELP- I'm trying to get my local dealer to update the satnav to fix this issue. The car is booked in for Tuesday next week.
I popped into the dealer this afternoon (Sytner Maidenhead), to get them to check if they need to order anything before hand to avoid a wasted journey next Tuesday. They couldn't look at the issue today and said I needed to wait until next week.

Can anyone confirm-
1-Does this update require parts ordering i.e. DVDs, or can the fix be download and installed by the dealer on the day.
2-Is the Traffic fix part of an overall update (including mapping data), therefore the dealer might try to argue that I have to pay for the software fix?

Also getting them to check the occasional slightly squeaky driver seat (Right Hand Side Bolster)
Appreciate 0