BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-16-2016, 08:05 PM   #1
Brydrums
Registered
Rep
Drives: Im planning To Buy a X3 2016

Question About to buy a X3

Hi members! I don't know much about car deals but I currently have a 2013 mini hardtop s 38k Mint condition.I'm planning to give it on trade-in for a new 2016 x3. I've been reading posts from this forum and I found good stuff and bad stuff. please give info about your vehicles and if there is someone who could tell me what to expect about payments and about how much I could receive for mi mini will be great! I'm from Puerto Rico prices around here are almost as Florida, kissimmee, Orlando.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 01:19 PM   #2
arkow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i, 2019 M2 Comp

I got my 2012 X3 brand new, it was great till 50k miles then i had the following done:

1- 2 AC evaporators (1 was actually replaced around 30k miles which was under warranty, but the second one was not at 52k miles) this is very expensive as the part is cheap but its very labor intensive - about 1k

2- Water pump just died at 53k miles (about $1500 give or take)

3- filter housing gasket at 52k miles (about $500)

4- battery at 53k miles ($400)

I would recommend getting extended warranty once the 50k mile expires as you will be throwing money out the window once things start to break..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 11:55 AM   #3
mde83
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 m40i

Well with you being in Puerto Rico, what someone tells you from another country/part of the country won't mean much.

Anyway, for a rough value of your trade in FL, use the link below and enter all the info on your trade. Make sure to use the trade in value, and if your car is really in great shape figure somewhere between average and good condition. You won't likely get excellent condition value under any circumstances. And the range the site gives you for the value, figure the middle or slightly less. Seriously...

http://www.kbb.com/mini/hardtop/2013...&mileage=38000

Then go to Edmunds.com (link below), and build the exact X3 you want. The site will give you the MSRP, the invoice, and a target price based on zip code. You might have to use an Orlando FL zip if your actual one does not work. As for the price you should pay, that is going to depend greatly on the market conditions where you live. Here is the states, invoice + $500 before incentives is considered a pretty decent deal. But you might not be able to get that in your market.

http://www.edmunds.com/new-cars/

Once you have determined all of that, then you need to research BMW's website to see what incentives are available to you in Puerto Rico.

As for calculating payments and whatnot, I really cannot help with that. Too many variables involved. But there is plenty of information on this site and the "other" BMW site to educate you on BMW leasing...

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 02:02 PM   #4
Pinewood
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30d M sport LCI

As a minimum get a car with extended storage, xenons and prof nav. They make the world of difference.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2016, 06:26 AM   #5
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinewood View Post
As a minimum get a car with extended storage, xenons and prof nav. They make the world of difference.
That is an understatement. I cannot understand why BMW have the nerve to sell without Xenons. Perhaps to show the car being competitively price vs the competition.
Appreciate 0