BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-19-2015, 03:15 PM   #1
halfalife
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 3.0D Msport

Anyone managing to get this working through the connected apps?
Mine closes the connection when I select the spotify app?
      01-19-2015, 04:20 PM   #2
TerraLvr335i
Private
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 28i

Seems to be working ok for me, but honestly I'm not sure I did anything special. I just plugged my phone in (iPhone 6) and opened Spotify. Then I went to Spotify within iDrive (in the Media menu) and everything went smoothly from there.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2015, 10:00 AM   #3
halfalife
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraLvr335i
Seems to be working ok for me, but honestly I'm not sure I did anything special. I just plugged my phone in (iPhone 6) and opened Spotify. Then I went to Spotify within iDrive (in the Media menu) and everything went smoothly from there.
Every time I select the spotify app, it closes down and disconnects . Don't know what I'm doing wrong ?
      01-20-2015, 02:45 PM   #4
halfalife
Private First Class
England
Rep

Seems to work if I plug in phone and open spotify. Going through the connected apps route is a fail.
      01-21-2015, 01:11 AM   #5
Toast
Private
Rep
Drives: X3.5m, A4 Avant

Works for me too. Plug in usb go to connected drive or through media then click spotify. Pretty cool that we get album pics. Using iPhone 5 with iOS 8.something.
      01-21-2015, 12:11 PM   #6
JSY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
I usually access it after having started the BMW Connect app on my iPhone. One thing I really like about Spotify and TuneIn is that you can leave the app on iDrive and go back to the Connected app and start another app. These are the only two apps that I know that allow this. Pandora and Stitch - once you start the app, there's no way to exit out of the app via iDrive. You need to exit it on your phone.
Appreciate 0