BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-31-2014, 01:44 PM   #1
mge92
SPEED RACER
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50d BMW M2 CS

BMW F25 Troubles

Does anybody know what could cause these errors and problems?

I received my BMW X3 August of 2012 and in the last year and a half have completed around 16000 miles. So to get to the troubles that have plagued the car. The first time the radiator fan started going full blast and then when driving I had loss of power so much so that I could only go 70 on the highway and the engine light came on. So I stopped on the side of the highway and turned off the engine, waited a couple mins and then restarted the car. The engine light was still there but the radiator fan wasn't going full blast any more and the oil temp sensor shot up to normal operating temperature. This happened at the beginning of January. So I brought it to the dealership and they traced the problem to an oil sensor which they replaced. Then a couple days after getting the car back the same problem popped up but the engine light never came on. This happened five times before I finally gave up and sent it to the dealership. So the car is now at the dealership and they have replaced the oil sensor, coolant sensor, and replaced the thermostat unit. However, the error happened to the mechanic before and after they implemented the fixes. Now after contacting the engineers at the HQ in Germany, they think it is the Transmission cooler sensor that is bad. Considering this car has had all its required maintenance and has extra oil changes and no mechanical alterations done, I think it maybe a lemon. I have contacted BMW relations and they should contact me back in 3-5 days. The car has been in the shop for close to 2 weeks now totally including the first time they fixed it. What should I do?

Last edited by mge92; 01-31-2014 at 07:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 02:11 PM   #2
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

You should read up on your state's new car lemon law. In MA, it is 3 attempt to fix the car or 30 days in the shop. Talk to BMW headquarter and ask for a voluntary buyback, if they refuse, you should talk to a lemon law lawyer. Good Luck
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 02:16 PM   #3
mge92
SPEED RACER
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50d BMW M2 CS

Thanks X men, I bought the car in MD and registered it in DC, both these states is 4 times or 30 days in the shop. I told BMW customer service that I wanted a replacement vehicle so have to wait for them to get back to me.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 07:06 PM   #4
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

you mean a 2013 X3 bought in August 2012
Appreciate 0