BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-02-2011, 07:14 AM   #23
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
I think the front sensors work even without the cameras switched on (which, as above, happens when you throw it in reverse) if the Park Distance Control button is selected (green light on). It's been on for me and I was swinging into a parking place, no cameras on, and the PDC warning sound activate as the front end swept past a pole (or maybe he was czech, I'm not completely certain).

Will try it again.
Yep. If the PDC light is on, both the front and rear sensors are active, even if the display is showing the camera video, and even if the car is in reverse.

When I back out of the garage and the camera & PDC are on, as the car nears the right edge of the garage door opening, first the rear sensor causes a sound warning from the right-rear speakers and then the front sensor triggers the sound from the right front speakers. Having the sensors trigger a spatially correlated warning is really a brilliant idea.

Glad your sensors seem to be politically correct and not discriminating over anyone's ethnicity, although those really "skinny " poles might be a problem (note no capital "P").
Appreciate 0