BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

SPOTTED: blue water metallic

Drove my A6 the other day, just to change it up. I saw this X3 28i in Blue Water Metallic, and it really looks nice. I wish I had taken my X3 out and we could have exchanged a glance of great-minds-think-alike.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #2
mccun934
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3

nice .. that is the color we had on our 06 X3. still looks good
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2011, 09:42 PM   #3
ejp0016
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 40i

I think I saw this same X3 on Armitage last weekend and it really caught my eye. I never really considered this color, but it looked really nice.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #4
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejp0016 View Post
I think I saw this same X3 on Armitage last weekend and it really caught my eye. I never really considered this color, but it looked really nice.
What does your X3 look like? Maybe I'll be seeing you around.

I saw a black X3 at East Bank Club with a license plate beginning with H33...was that you?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
Bimmer Bertie
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe 325i

Thanks...appreciate if further pics available.....my order is for Blue Water so will put up pics when ever I get it delivered...a long wait though

A glossy image of blue water X3 is in UK brochure pg 42.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #6
ejp0016
Rep

Mine is Black Saphire Met, Black Nevada, Fineline Wave, and without Sport Activity Package (so no X-line trim). That's definitely not my plate, so there must be another black one running around the 'hood.

I really haven't been driving within the city that much for the past couple months. The X3 has spent almost as much time at the airport lately than it has in my own garage. Most of the 1600 miles i've put on it have been running errands out to the burbs and a few trips to WI.

Now that my schedule has calmed down a little bit, I'm sure we'll see each other around.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #7
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejp0016 View Post
Mine is Black Saphire Met, Black Nevada, Fineline Wave, and without Sport Activity Package (so no X-line trim). That's definitely not my plate, so there must be another black one running around the 'hood.

I really haven't been driving within the city that much for the past couple months. The X3 has spent almost as much time at the airport lately than it has in my own garage. Most of the 1600 miles i've put on it have been running errands out to the burbs and a few trips to WI.

Now that my schedule has calmed down a little bit, I'm sure we'll see each other around.

We have almost exactly the same car. Give or take the Sports Activity Package. I still have my temporary license plate on. You can find me in the Lakeview, Lincoln Park, or Gold Coast/Streeterville neighborhoods.

I'll be on the lookout. I feel like we're a cool little club.

By the way, there's a really great place to play around with your car if you know where the police like to hide. It's at Montrose Harbor, and you drive past the mouth all the way to the Foster bridge.

It's very pretty there.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #8
ejp0016
Rep

Look forward to seeing you around! I live off of Armitage, so I'm pretty much running around the same areas as you. I have my real plate, but removed the Perrillo frames.

You're right, that area up near Montrose can be fun. Found it a few years back. Unfortunately, I'm usually up there to take the dogs to the beach so can't go too nuts with them in the car. Every time I'm up there tell myself I need to come back without the dogs, but keep forgetting. Maybe today
Appreciate 0