BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #23
flash3
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotik182 View Post
Anyone interested in a very good deal try contacting David Aviles from Northwest BMW. His website is eurocarsonline.com. I just recently bought a BMW from him and his price for US delivery BMWs except for the new 1M coupe is invoice plus $100 document fee plus tax and tag. I am trying to get my mother in law to get the new X3 and would not even try to deal with the dealers in South Florida for the new X3 because they mark up cars like they are gold. I know because I tried on my new BMW. I saved a few thousand doing a PCD via David. Even shipping the car via his dealer is cheaper than the local dealers.

For the members on the west coast, try contacting Ryan Amico from Steve Thomas BMW or forum member GOLFFRR. Their deal was not as good as David's deal, but it was pretty close.

Hope this helps a few members to get some good deals on the new X3.
Where in So FLA did you try? I am from Miami but now here in Charlotte, NC. I called South BMW and Braman, and they gave me nearly $3200 over invoice.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #24
Razel
Rider and driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin - Florida View Post
I did not have any success in getting much of a discount. I bought an X3 off the lot that another person did not pick up after it was custom-ordered. There are very few reasons for the dealers to offer discounts at this time. Perhaps after the middle of the year when demand starts to slacken.

BMW is also running some major ad campaigns on the X3 here in Florida. I have seen numerous commercials and a ton of print advertising.
Someone with a marketing mindset can shoot holes in this ... but it's usually a supply issue when manufactures advertise. If there's truly more demand than supply, why advertise? Save that money spent on ads, and insist on MSRP, because everyone wants one. If the dealers in Fla. are not dealing, there's something artificial going on with them. Ask 'em why they're advertising if they expect to be getting MSRP and no negotiating.

I work for Keyser Söze
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #25
kaotik182
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 IB E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3 View Post
Where in So FLA did you try? I am from Miami but now here in Charlotte, NC. I called South BMW and Braman, and they gave me nearly $3200 over invoice.
I am in Palm Beach. I tried Vista and West Palm Beach Braman. My parents bought 2 BMWs and a Mini from Braman in the last few years. The people in Braman did not even give me a quote and that is all I asked for. They just kept asking me questions about leasing and how much I wanted to spend a month. I told them I was buying the car outright unless there were good finance deals. I heard South Florida dealers normally do not budge because most South Floridians just pay whatever the price is without negotiating.

The price you where quoted was about same price Vista gave me for my new BMW, and I bought my previous BMW from them before. So much for good deals for return customers.

Seems like a PCD is the way to go for you. For my PCD, I flew into Charlotte because the flight and car rental was cheaper then just flying into Greenville. You are just about an hour away from there. You can negotiate with any dealer in the US for a PCD.
      02-28-2011, 03:07 PM   #26
flash3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotik182 View Post
I am in Palm Beach. I tried Vista and West Palm Beach Braman. My parents bought 2 BMWs and a Mini from Braman in the last few years. The people in Braman did not even give me a quote and that is all I asked for. They just kept asking me questions about leasing and how much I wanted to spend a month. I told them I was buying the car outright unless there were good finance deals. I heard South Florida dealers normally do not budge because most South Floridians just pay whatever the price is without negotiating.

The price you where quoted was about same price Vista gave me for my new BMW, and I bought my previous BMW from them before. So much for good deals for return customers.

Seems like a PCD is the way to go for you. For my PCD, I flew into Charlotte because the flight and car rental was cheaper then just flying into Greenville. You are just about an hour away from there. You can negotiate with any dealer in the US for a PCD.
So if I were to drive up to Greenvile and into the PCD/BMW plant off the side of the highway, I can negotiate a price from there?

Wouldn't it be better to do it over the phone/internet (from NY BMW/LA BMW for ex) and then if I like the price, put in a deposit and pick up the car then?

From a previous thread on what I want:

Base MSRP $36,750
Alpine White $550
Black Nevada Leather $0
Fineline Siena wood trim $0
Convenience Package $1,850
Premium Package $3,450
Roof rails in Aluminum Satin $250
Park Distance Control $750
Rear-view camera $400
Destination & Handling: $875

Total MSRP as Built $44,875

Atlanta Dealer 1: 42,580 (w/o taxes/fees)
Atlanta Dealer 2: 42,999 (w/o taxes/fees)
Charlotte Dealer: 42,700 (w/o taxes/fees)
Miami Dealer: 43,800 (w/o taxes/fees)
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 03:43 PM   #27
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheraton View Post
Ready to order a 2.0 X3 and wondered if anyone was managing to get a descount from the dealer. My local dealer said they can't budge on the list price. What are people's experiences?
Whatcar have managed to find discounts. It's in the latest magazine but I recall it was between £600- £800. Playing dealers off against each other usually works As does getting a price from brokers.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #28
kaotik182
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
So if I were to drive up to Greenvile and into the PCD/BMW plant off the side of the highway, I can negotiate a price from there?

Wouldn't it be better to do it over the phone/internet (from NY BMW/LA BMW for ex) and then if I like the price, put in a deposit and pick up the car then?

Base MSRP $36,750
Alpine White $550
Black Nevada Leather $0
Premium Package $3,450
Rear-view camera $400

The answer to your first question is No. The answer to your second is Yes. You order your BMW via phone/internet with any dealer you want, then you go and pick up your new X3 at the PCD. You tell the dealer that you want a performance center delivery (PCD).

Alpine white is a no cost option, so your MSRP is suppose to be $44,325. From edmunds.com, invoice is 40,790. David's quote should be $40,890 plus tax and tag. Fees are included in that quote. Contact him via his website eurocarsonline.com or PM him here. He is forum member EuroCarsOnline. His dealership is in Maryland. He should be able to help you out.

Hope this helps you.
      02-28-2011, 04:24 PM   #29
kaotik182
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Base MSRP $36,750
Alpine White $550
Black Nevada Leather $0
Premium Package $3,450
Rear-view camera $400

I like how you built your X3. The way you built your X3 is very close to how I am trying to get my mother in law to build hers except for the exterior/interior colors and roof rails. She likes space gray, but is unsure of the interior color. Alpine white and black is very nice though. Both my parents have BMWs in alpine white.
      02-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #30
flash3
Captain
Rep

Thanks! I am leaning towards Metallic Black or Alpine White. I haven't decided but I have a few more weeks before I place my order, so I guess that's fine. lol

I want to go for the lighter (beige) interior, but I love the black one more in terms of it staying cleaner, per say.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #31
Benz-n-Bimmers
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 28i Vermillion Red

Our ordered car is heavily optioned and it wasn't easy to get them to come down, originally they told me no way they'd go below $1200 off MSRP.
I got $2215 off MSRP and two sets of floor mats included (rubber and carpet) for our X3 and I also made them come up $500 more for my trade versus what they or any other dealer offered.

I used the Zag pricing for negotiating even though they are not a Zag dealer, but I don't have an Amex either
I think it was a decent deal considering the demand for these puppies and it was a lot cheaper vehicle than the other ones we were considering.
I think the X3 is actually reasonably priced, in the US, for what it offers.

2011 C63 ///AMG / BLK on BLK / P31 / LSD / CF Trim / Keyless Go / Rear Camera / All the other stuff too!!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #32
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Or, you could use a Zag-based service for your heavily optioned car (which makes negotiating easier) and pay less. But sounds like you had more fun on you own playing the game, that's worth something.

Last edited by Nahoa; 02-28-2011 at 08:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 08:45 PM   #33
flash3
Captain
Rep

Besides edmunds and amex, what other sites offer invoice pricing (with option selections)?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 09:05 PM   #34
Benz-n-Bimmers
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 28i Vermillion Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
Or, you could use a Zag-based service for your heavily optioned car (which makes negotiating easier) and pay less. But sounds like you had more fun on you own playing the game, that's worth something.
I was only $600 off the Zag price, but I made them come up the $500 on my trade and throw in the mats.
I'm sure the closest Zag dealer would have honored the Zag price and then raped me on the trade--more than one way to skin a cat
Plus, the dealer I bought it from services our current bimmer and will service the X3, so I'd rather buy from them for the brownie points
And haggling for new cars is actually fun for me, it's the equivalence to my wife shopping for shoes and handbags

2011 C63 ///AMG / BLK on BLK / P31 / LSD / CF Trim / Keyless Go / Rear Camera / All the other stuff too!!
Appreciate 0