BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-06-2011, 04:03 PM   #1
xenonf30
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW F30 335i

Ordered on Tuesday....just started production!!!!

I ordered my Black 28i just on Tuesday and I check the MyBMW page to find out today its started production!! Is this fast or what? I'm so pleased by the efficiency of the plant. I'm wondering how soon this means I'm going to get the car?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Production is only a couple of days - not long wait

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 04:14 PM   #3
xenonf30
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMER UK 76 View Post
Production is only a couple of days - not long wait
I'm stoked. This happened way faster that I was expecting. I'm sure it was because I was the last person on my dealers latest allocation and the fact I'm just within 2 states of the plant.

I'm concerned because I ordered it with the Panoramic Moonroof and it's not showing it on the page.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 04:17 PM   #4
BIMMER UK 76
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F25 X3 20d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyberger87 View Post
I'm concerned because I ordered it with the Panoramic Moonroof and it's not showing it on the page.
Worth getting that one checked out

BMW F25 X3 xDRIVE 20d SE
Black Sapphire | Oyster Leather | Fineline Sienna Wood | 307 V Spokes | Auto | Prof Multimedia Package | xLine Package | Xenons | Business Radio | Sports Steering Wheel | Sports Seats | Panoramic Sunroof | Sun Protection Glass | Sun Blinds | Folding Ext. Mirrors + Titanium Grille | Chrome Exhaust Trim | Mudflaps
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
wagsoja
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 28i

that was quick. I just ordered mine on Friday. Can't wait! This forum is great.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 04:54 PM   #6
TarHeelFan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

I wouldn't be too concerned about the webpage not showing the panaoramic moonroof because I ordered all packages along with the upgraded stereo and heads-up display. When I checked the webpage it did not have the Dynamic Handling Package and I was going in to panic.

I called the 800# and they said the webpage often has errors during input. (They pointed out there've been cars with wrong color, etc.)

I called my CA and said I'd be VERY UPSET if it wasn't configured correctly and he said not to worry. Admittedly, I was still paranoid until I actually saw it
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 07:08 PM   #7
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Had the same issue with the DHP (only). It never showed up on the webpage. I checked with the dealer 3 times who looked in their system and said all was good. Car showed up as ordered.
      03-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #8
TrikinCurt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Mineral Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelFan View Post
I wouldn't be too concerned about the webpage not showing the panaoramic moonroof because I ordered all packages along with the upgraded stereo and heads-up display. When I checked the webpage it did not have the Dynamic Handling Package and I was going in to panic.

I called the 800# and they said the webpage often has errors during input. (They pointed out there've been cars with wrong color, etc.)

I called my CA and said I'd be VERY UPSET if it wasn't configured correctly and he said not to worry. Admittedly, I was still paranoid until I actually saw it
Do you have your car? Did you find the HUD to be worthwhile? It is the only thing I am missing to have ordered the kitchen sink Seemed with the display already on the dash it wasn't needed, but sure seems fun.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 11:24 PM   #9
TarHeelFan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i

My thinking when buying a car is if I'm going to spend a lot of money...I'm going to get everything! I feel like I'm missing out if I skip something. (I then try to make a point of using the extra features.)

Anyways, there are good things and bad things about the HUD:

The only constant display is a digital readout of your speed. (I wish the gear selection was displayed because I like to get in to certain gears for different freeway entrances.) Seeing a digital readout is a good reminder when driving in 25MPH school zones.

The other display that shows up is the "Arrow Display" of the navigation system. That is awesome! I prefer the arrow display and it's very convenient/safe to see the directions directly in front of you. It's also cool because I can have the map display on the GPS Display screen while the arrow display is in the HUD.

One bad thing about the HUD is you can not see the display with any polarized sunglasses. Which means I basically don't have HUD during the day because I'm always wearing sunglasses.

Again, the cool thing about having the HUD is when showing the car to someone, I say "Check this out." I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #10
flash3
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Quote:
My thinking when buying a car is if I'm going to spend a lot of money...I'm going to get everything! I feel like I'm missing out if I skip something. (I then try to make a point of using the extra features.)

Anyways, there are good things and bad things about the HUD:

The only constant display is a digital readout of your speed. (I wish the gear selection was displayed because I like to get in to certain gears for different freeway entrances.) Seeing a digital readout is a good reminder when driving in 25MPH school zones.

The other display that shows up is the "Arrow Display" of the navigation system. That is awesome! I prefer the arrow display and it's very convenient/safe to see the directions directly in front of you. It's also cool because I can have the map display on the GPS Display screen while the arrow display is in the HUD.

One bad thing about the HUD is you can not see the display with any polarized sunglasses. Which means I basically don't have HUD during the day because I'm always wearing sunglasses.

Again, the cool thing about having the HUD is when showing the car to someone, I say "Check this out." I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 07:01 AM   #11
Nahoa
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F25 35i Mineral Silver/Black

Quote:
Glad it's not just me . . . .

That worked for me up until the HUD and then somehow I got cold feet and skipped that one. For most of the other things enjoying the option is good enough to justify, but for this one I fell into the, "don't need that feature" category.

Sounds like a pretty spiffy thing, though. I can imagine the wow factor would be significant!
      03-07-2011, 07:19 AM   #12
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

I considered it but then got all sensible and thought it's a "want" not a "need". It is cool though . HUD is also incompatible with the grey band windscreen that I ordered

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 02:38 PM   #13
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

The "want" over ruled the "do i need it", i was like a kid in a toy store, only HUD, 19" alloys, tow bar and xline package are not on my order. Having thoughts about the HUD and 19's.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #14
jijioben
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 F25 X3 35i

I would have liked the tinted windscreen. I thought it would be standard for not ordering the HUD but no dice - at least here in Canada. I'm not keen on aftermarket add-ons, for some reason.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #15
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJWilson View Post
The "want" over ruled the "do i need it", i was like a kid in a toy store, only HUD, 19" alloys, tow bar and xline package are not on my order. Having thoughts about the HUD and 19's.
+1 for the 309 19" alloys and xline. There were a few must haves on my order for various reasons. Mostly shallow, aesthetic, selfish reasons:

1. 19" 309 alloys
2. xenons
3. xline
4. sports seats
5. sports steering wheel
6. business speakers
7. pro nav once I saw it in real life

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #16
AJWilson
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
+1 for the 309 19" alloys and xline. There were a few must haves on my order for various reasons. Mostly shallow, aesthetic, selfish reasons:

1. 19" 309 alloys
2. xenons
3. xline
4. sports seats
5. sports steering wheel
6. business speakers
7. pro nav once I saw it in real life
Mine are all selfish reasons, all me me me
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2011, 07:14 PM   #17
wagsoja
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyberger87 View Post
I ordered my Black 28i just on Tuesday and I check the MyBMW page to find out today its started production!! Is this fast or what? I'm so pleased by the efficiency of the plant. I'm wondering how soon this means I'm going to get the car?

based on your time line production of mine should start tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
Appreciate 0